Mysterious Oil Leak

I took my 99 CH back for a warranty job after having the rear crank seal replaced during a clutch replacement at 850000 miles. After about a month i noticed my clutch adjutement plate was damp with oil,then as warmer weather came along i had oil spots all the way to my drives.At this point oil was coming out from the starter bolts and flying all over the place.I left the truck with my regular shop thinking that the rear crank seal was the culprit and it would be covered by my dealership waranty.IT now appears the the leak originated somewhere between the flywheel housing and the block,the oil would then find its way into the bell housing and then fall out. I have been a regular customer of this dealership for 9 years and found their behavior to be a little strange regarding this event.My question is, can you remove the flywheel housing on an Etech ,E7engine without disturbing the rear crankshaft seal.IF I look at my parts list, the oil pan was removed along with the rear crank seal. I have little to go on" the dealer took pictures of the flywheel housing after it was cleaned but not of the area where the leak came from and that puzzles me.To close this question i will add that in the end it was a combination of broblems that lead to this leak between the rear of the block and flywheel housing.After installing the new clutch,the mechanic overtorqued one of the engine mounts bolts so that it caused some movement of the transmission. The first trip out of the shop was up to the mines up in Labrador NFL where i have to keep my foot in it all the time and by the time i got back the flywheel housing had had enough and sprung a leak and within e few weeks i had to take the whole thing appart. The mechanic that did the job doesnt work there anymore.

Edited by rhpaulin309

I took my 99 CH back for a warranty job after having the rear crank seal replaced during a clutch replacement at 850000 miles. After about a month i noticed my clutch adjutement plate was damp with oil,then as warmer weather came along i had oil spots all the way to my drives.At this point oil was coming out from the starter bolts and flying all over the place.I left the truck with my regular shop thinking that the rear crank seal was the culprit and it would be covered by my dealership waranty.IT now appears the the leak originated somewhere between the flywheel housing and the block,the oil would then find its way into the bell housing and then fall out. I have been a regular customer of this dealership for 9 years and found their behavior to be a little strange regarding this event.My question is, can you remove the flywheel housing on an Etech ,E7engine without disturbing the rear crankshaft seal.IF I look at my parts list, the oil pan was removed along with the rear crank seal. I have little to go on" the dealer took pictures of the flywheel housing after it was cleaned but not of the area where the leak came from and that puzzles me.

The seal is mounted in the the flywheel housing!You have to replace the seal either way There is no possible way for the oil to get from outside to in!You can remove the seal with out the housing but not the other way around.

A common leak on an eteck is the bell housing to block! near where the cam shaft bore is!

we often grind a relief in housing at the inside of the cam location in case the cam plug leaks.(If we have the housng off)

That leak is internal leak you discribe can only come from 3 sources on the engine ,the seal, a crack in the housing,or the bolts that hold the housing to the block!The other sourses being the trans.

Hope this helps