My E7 400 Code Help?

My 93 CH613 E7 400 wouldn't run, only on either. now it is running tons of blue smoke, timing is set 8 deg off TDC? proper timing for this engine would be great and engine code is PID190 FIM2-fuel system engine speed intermitten? Any suggestions would be great

My 93 CH613 E7 400 wouldn't run, only on either. now it is running tons of blue smoke, timing is set 8 deg off TDC? proper timing for this engine would be great and engine code is PID190 FIM2-fuel system engine speed intermitten? Any suggestions would be great

Sorry no one got back to you on this!! First step The engine speed sensor is mounted on the flywheel housing check to see if it is not open or shorted this here is most likly your problem replace the sensor screw it in till it touches the flywheel then back it out! 1/2 to 1 turn and snug jam nut!(Note more than spec air gap will cause the same symtoms)

If it has rob bosch pump ! it needs 15 psi fuel preasure to run.The econovance is your next step!When the engine starts ,does it sputter and slober till the oil preasure comes up? Then clean up? If not you may have a econovance problem.The engine speed sensor is mounted on the flywheel housing check to see if it is not open or shorted this here is most likly your problem replace the sensor screw it in till it touches the flywheel then back it out 1 turn and snug jam nut! check that first.

hope this helps

Fred

• 4 weeks later...
The econovance is your next step!When the engine starts ,does it sputter and slober till the oil preasure comes up? Then clean up? If not you may have a econovance problem.

hope this helps

Fred

I don't want to hijack the topic, but could you elaborate on this econovance doodad? My truck does that.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I don't want to hijack the topic, but could you elaborate on this econovance doodad? My truck does that.

Not really a hyjack this is an old post.

the econoance is mounted in front of the fuel pump!

the fuel pump is set at say 6 degrees static timing when the engine starts and until oil preasure is achieved most engines will sputter and smoke blu because the engine needs at least 12 degrees to run clean and corectly.once the oil preasure is up the the econovnce solnoid uses the the preasure to advance the timing to 12 and beyond, what ever the puter deams nessary to run cleanly and for desent power,to a max of 22 to 24 degrees.

Not really a hyjack this is an old post.

the econoance is mounted in front of the fuel pump!

the fuel pump is set at say 6 degrees static timing when the engine starts and until oil preasure is achieved most engines will sputter and smoke blu because the engine needs at least 12 degrees to run clean and corectly.once the oil preasure is up the the econovnce solnoid uses the the preasure to advance the timing to 12 and beyond, what ever the puter deams nessary to run cleanly and for desent power,to a max of 22 to 24 degrees.

I must've misunderstood...the 'john deere' start is normal then. My bad.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg