I have passed a place on U.S.220 about 20 miles North of here for a few years,always wanted to stop in and look around,but there is really no place to pull over with a truck. There WERE a few old Macks visible from the road and many more in the surrounding woods,i seen these 2 over the summer and wanted to try and get some more pics,but the thought of getting shot at didn't appeal to me! Anyway,what bothers me now is the new sign on the property says "Scrapco" that doesn't sound good to me!.....................................Mark

post-5836-0-59605000-1425223084_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Scrapco . . .don't look good for the goodies there.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The price of scrap is way down, perhaps a few things wI'll be around longer. I had been looking for an older welding machine and some 6X5.75 rims for my 66 Ford welding truck, only to find that there were plenty until the price of scrap went sky high. A lot of valuable parts land equipment lost forever.

The price of scrap is way down, perhaps a few things wI'll be around longer. I had been looking for an older welding machine and some 6X5.75 rims for my 66 Ford welding truck, only to find that there were plenty until the price of scrap went sky high. A lot of valuable parts land equipment lost forever.

PM me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vinny is quite right! I accidentally posted the "wrong" picture,they are so small when I save them they are hard to see! I deleted the "right" picture! it is two B-Models side by side,next time I pass there I will get some more pictures. I never even looked at the picture I saved from my phone to see if it was the right one,my apologies for the mistaken i.d.!...........................Mark

Mark, is that place where the Westvaco woodyard used to be? There used to be a B model at the woodyard that you could see from 220. I came up 220 last week going to Moneta and it looked like the woodyard was closed.

Looks like it, doesn't look like a woodyard any more. Good spot for a scrapco, already had scales, office, and shop, and plenty of room.

post-1374-0-30214700-1425386700_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's the place Tom! there WERE a dozen or so old Macks and a few other make trucks scattered around there,you could see a little better in the wintertime. The past few times I've been by there in the daylight,i don't see any of the trucks that were in the woods facing 220,thats why I was worried when I saw the new sign! It was some sort of construction company before I think?........................................Mark

The B was there as of 2-3 years ago. The vegetation was really winning the battle and they had piled a bunch of logs around it. I have been through several times since but haven't stopped in to check on it.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.