Project - drop deck trailer

Timmyb

Looks excellent!

Too nice to cover it with sheets.

If you even go over the budget it will be well built reliable trailer for a long service time.

You're luckie snow doesn't borrow you to work outside :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29 March 2016 at 11:23 AM, carlotpilot said:

since i stuck my nose uninvited into this thread guess i should show the finished intrushion

DSCN0349.JPG

You done a good job on that. And being steel you can probably back into things a bit faster before you bend something😜

Id like to see how they build the trailers over there. What is the length and tare weight of that one?

Mine is coming along slowly. Waiting on ramps, paint, lights and signage then can get in rego'd.

On 4/30/2016 at 2:05 AM, Timmyb said:

You done a good job on that. And being steel you can probably back into things a bit faster before you bend something😜

Id like to see how they build the trailers over there. What is the length and tare weight of that one?

Mine is coming along slowly. Waiting on ramps, paint, lights and signage then can get in rego'd.

tim   its a 48x102 rated 40 thousand in 12 ft with a 10.6 spread  ( have also replaced the fifthwheel plate in this one )

Edited by carlotpilot

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys. Yeah the results are great. It helps that we didn't cut any corners. Although the guy doing it is slow (I was warned about it), he really is passionate about trailers. Hopefully have some pics with the ramps attached on Friday. 

• 8 months later...

Well I've done a few little loads with my trailer but today is the first time I've loaded it right up. 

IMG_2970.thumb.JPG.9287bb6460ffd94daa0f7200d6249c8e.JPG

Then I went and did it again. 

IMG_2971.thumb.JPG.29d949fd88989ffd130ebcb4abe952b5.JPG

So far it pulls like I've got parachutes behind me. Getting 1km/L or 2.3mpg. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip Paul. I'd gladly jump outta this and into an old Mack!

H67st, this particular one is a k104, before this model was k100g and before that was k100e. The square tanks are good, I've got 1400L or 378 gallons capacity. You loose a fair bit of ground clearance though, it's hard to get under them come service time. 

• 1 month later...