Hi From Australia

Mr & Mrs Nobby

G'day, thought this might be a good place to come and track down some b-model parts.

I parked the old girl up a few years back, and bought my dream truck. A V8 500 Mack Superliner. :D

Sadly the RTA :angry: enforcement of harvest weights and the cost of fuel :( means I have to park the Superliner and pull the old girl out of retirement.

I hope I can still fit behind the steering wheel. :unsure:

G'day, thought this might be a good place to come and track down some b-model parts.

I parked the old girl up a few years back, and bought my dream truck. A V8 500 Mack Superliner. :D

Sadly the RTA :angry: enforcement of harvest weights and the cost of fuel :( means I have to park the Superliner and pull the old girl out of retirement.

:WELCOME:

that's a good looking B-61 you've got there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thanks,

It's in need of a new paintjob, but that will have to wait a while now. I was hoping to restore it, then just sit back and look at it, maybe take it out for a sunday drive occassionally.

But it's back to work for the old girl. Which reminds me, I'm gonna need to get power steering for it :blink:

Hello, thats a neat looking B. where in OZ are you?

regards Grant

G'day Grant, Hubby and I are based in northwest NSW, mostly we do seasonal work, grain and cotton. The last 8 years of drought hasn't been much fun :(

At the moment Hubby is in QLD moving some dirt around (about all thats left to cart these days!)

Thanks,

It's in need of a new paintjob, but that will have to wait a while now. I was hoping to restore it, then just sit back and look at it, maybe take it out for a sunday drive occassionally.

But it's back to work for the old girl. Which reminds me, I'm gonna need to get power steering for it :blink:

Wife and I have been thinking of vacationing in OZ, and NZ.

If you might be able to "put us up" for a couple of weeks and entertain my wife, myself and "hubby" might be able to work a bit of magic on the ole B model.

By the way, neither of us smoke. Also, my wife does not belch, fart, cuss, rant, rave or have any of the so called negative tendencies that I somehow posses!

33 years and she hasn't got me converted yet so I guess that I'm considered as a "lost cause"!

Seriously, there are a lot of people I plan to meet up with when "down under". My wife, she likes to travel. May bring my mother in law also. She is an underappreciated gem in our lives.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

Woman don't belch, fart or cuss

One day, long, long ago....... there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch.

But this was a long time ago.......

and it was just that one day.

The End

Andrew Bowyer sent me this e-mail :lol:

I always try to look at the flip side of the coin and wonder why my wife stays with me. I'm 5'2", bald, 315 pounds, (I'm dieting) flat feet, emminator of foot stench, large ears with left one drooping, body odor that borders on "funk" etc....

Most of all; "I Like Mack Trucks".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always try to look at the flip side of the coin and wonder why my wife stays with me. I'm 5'2", bald, 315 pounds, (I'm dieting) flat feet, emminator of foot stench, large ears with left one drooping, body odor that borders on "funk" etc....

Rob

even though you've never been known to be wrong about anything,I have my doubts about this <_<

even though you've never been known to be wrong about anything,I have my doubts about this <_<

But I do like Mack trucks, Honest!!

Rob

Rob

*scrolls back up to see who it was we offered hospitality to*

(darn, it was Rob) :blink:

Ummmm Rob, maaaaaaaaaaate, I think we were gonna be in siberia that month you are visiting oz :unsure:

But we'll leave the b-model and a tin of paint out for you,

and directions to the opal mine, just incase you want to add your gem of a mother-in-law to the other buried gems down the mine

Ummmm Rob, maaaaaaaaaaate, I think we were gonna be in siberia that month you are visiting oz :unsure:

and directions to the opal mine, just incase you want to add your gem of a mother-in-law to the other buried gems down the mine

H'mmmmmmmmm, Must be that flat footed thing I got going on there. Maybe the ear wax stain on my shirts??

Naw, I'm keeping the mother-in-law. In fact, couldn't do without her. She cooks good, and washes my feed bowl.

Rob

:lol::lol::lol:

Siberia? Sounds like fun!!!!!. We can go together as I've never been there! Just reserve me a "double seat" on the airline, or truck! We need comfort with such a long outing. Hopefully I can control my snoring habit so you may sleep also.

Can't leave my mother-in-law anywhere distant or I would starve! So we should prolly bring her along too.

What kind or brand of paint do you folks use down under?

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

WELCOME ABOARD KNOBBY. I enjoyed your gallary and left a comment for yah. I hate to hear that you had to park that awsome superliner that is one hell of a nice truck. I believe it has the biggest sleeper I've seen on an aussie truck..nice. Don't let the jerks get you down. :SMOKIE-LFT:

post-2321-1216048379_thumb.jpg

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Welcome Knobby, and your good wife. Think the last B model I saw working was a few years ago now in western Qld somewhere. Still pulling double turd herders around a station. No where as good looking as that one though, time and neglect had got the better of her. Can understand about parking up the Superdog, fuel is ridiculous. Kinda glad I sold my old girl before I went broke when fuel was 97c a litre. Tough decision all the same. I take my hat off to any owner driver who can keep going in this climate.

Oh, yeah, if Rob gets too much, send him my way, I got loads of work in the pit in the workshop to keep him occupied. :D

Oh, yeah, if Rob gets too much, send him my way, I got loads of work in the pit in the workshop to keep him occupied. :D

Hey, I strongly resemble that!!

Actually there is less of me now. I lost 3 pounds last week!! It was tough cutting just one large double cheese pizza from the diet per day, but I did it!!

By the time we are ready for the trip to Siberia, I should be a fit and trim 295 pounds at this rate!

Rob