So I used to own a nice 10/w dump but-

MACKS

I always wondered why you northeast guys had such short trucks anyway, seems you would fill the bed before you made gross and hauling by the ton would suck.

Here in PA a 17.5ft body is about standard on a triaxle 73280 lbs gross we are allowed. 227" wheelbase on an R model makes a nice truck. I always thought if you have just a little more yardage than tonnage it works out pretty good for general hauling. Interesting that my brockway had such a small (15 ft) body i just found out it was originally sold in Tenn.

were good for 76k in CT with the permit. 73k without it. Truck must be able to handle it (20k fromt, 20 lift, 44 rears) to be able to get permit. If it isnt a construction material your knocked down to 67,400. 10 wheelers are legal for 54k i think. 80k on a trailer with either the permit or the bridge law allows it.

Matt

Last time out west I think those 5 axles can do 94 and Change.

Mack I think Ar changed there weights to 70K on a tridem. But the tires and axles must match or be rated. Was talking to Jacob about that and he said it is raised now

Thats a Good thing since AR Raised thier Weight limits . I Knew the old man hated going into AR To work because of that very reason Esp w/ the 1 Tri axle ACAR he had back in the late 80's & Early 90's . Eventually the Acar became a Tandem too before he sold it around 95.

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Thanks for the correction bud . :twothumbsup: guess i had a brain fart .. :loldude:

I Know some that will carry 79,000 W/ the tri axles here around the backwoods . & i herd by a buddy that has a tri axle Vulva of his own that is leased on w/ 1 of the big paving companies in Memphis they were starting to watch the bridge laws Here . & we are starting to see a few quads here around Memphis . 1 of the big paving companies has Quad axle Sterlings here .

& When we had our tandems we worked in the backwoods of the Millington, & Tipton county area & my old man would load like a tri axle & heap dirt up as long as he was in the backwoods But if we were on the interstate or running the highways he would load the trucks no more than 19 to 20 tons of material make sure he was under 66k & have the load under the side boards & tarp pulled back .

:mack1:

I never said we only ran 74000 or less, just that's what your legal for,lol.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"