Quad-box - Are Your Gear Levers Bent?

I'm curious as to the many ways the gear shift levers on a quad-box are bent.

Obviously a lot of drivers have their own personal preference.

I read somewhere that they should be so-arranged that you should be able to upshift into 3rd Lo-Split, with ONE HAND.

Comments, photos (preferably with mention of gears selected and ruler) appreciated.

Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Rod I've seen many different bends, extensions etc. on quad box sticks

In the workshop if you saw oxy hoses running into the cab you knew what was going on!

Because we sit on the opposite side to you guys the compound stick was usually extended with a Cat knob as the preferred method

Steve

The quad box shift levers in a B model always worked just fine for me in their stock configuration.

Hi Herb, I guess what I'm asking as well, is what was the standard configuration. Just about all have been "modified" :rolleyes:

Rod.

Thanks Steve. For info, I'm just a little south of you, not the other side of the world :D

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

The quad box shift levers in a B model always worked just fine for me in their stock configuration.

Me too-the ones in my B have never been bent or modified. I don't have a picture showing them all the way to the floor. I have changed the shift knobs from the round balls though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Me too-the ones in my B have never been bent or modified. I don't have a picture showing them all the way to the floor. I have changed the shift knobs from the round balls though.

Yup, that photo is the stock setup, but all the ones I drove still had the round knobs on 'em.

Rod, I can see why you guys down under may prefer a different type of "bend" on the sticks when you're sitting on the right side.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"