1967 Mack CF-600

fdnymackcf

Nice truck...glad to see you are keeping a piece of history alive.

The roof is definitely not a Mack product. The CF is based on the F model and I have seen one of the other open cabs being enclosed with a roof taken off of a junked road tractor.

It almost looks like a Crown roof.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Sorry to hear about the impending divorce I hope you get to keep your stuff. Glad to see you still have the rig. I was wondering why we had not heard from you lately. I have the 1974 open cab CF that last served Dunbar Pa and love taking it out. The rig is curently being stored in Pa with a good friend of mine who gets to take her out and enjoy her. Looking forward to seeing the progress with your rig.

Don Holden

• 2 weeks later...

:whistling:"for those of you on here that know me"................I don't know what you're talking about.

No wait......Bias ply tires vs. Radial tires......YOU don't know what you're talking about!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

:whistling:"for those of you on here that know me"................I don't know what you're talking about.

No wait......Bias ply tires vs. Radial tires......YOU don't know what you're talking about!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey, I can admit when I am wrong.. No worries. But it took you NINE DAYS to comprehend this? Sharp as a marble, I see.... BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

• 2 years later...

Latest is I am looking for a valve cover for the engine,  Im told it is n ENDT 673. The valve covr on it is chome and its shot. So I would like to have it replated and not kepep a sheet of plastic over it  for any amount of time.  If anyone knows o one wants to sell it or loan it (obviously, it will be retured) drop me a line  at  smketrfdny@gail.com. thanks in advance

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

So I would like to have it replated and not kepep a sheet of plastic over it  for any amount of time. 

Depending on where you take it you might be able to get it back in a couple of days. I buff my stuff before I take it in and the plater usually gets it back to me in three days or less. I use Hanlons in Richmond, VA.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

FDNYMACKCF

Great job on rescuing another one!

Here is another one of the few Open Cab CF's, this one is a gasser and had a blown piston, this was taken coming back from the paint shop in PA, hope yours makes it back to NY so you can show it with this one.

This was a week before rescuing a FDNY truck last year (night shots). Both are safely stored and hopefully the open cab is getting ready to make it Harrisburg pump primers this year.

Firemack

IMG_3573[1].JPG

IMG_3575[1].JPG

IMG_3592[1].JPG

IMG_3593[1].JPG

I think there were six open cab CF's built. I know the one owned by Newton, MA was later made into a closed cab. One of our club members, Chris Oliphant,  has the one out of Cumberland, MD.

the guy that owns the Smith tractor also owns a Hahn pumper from Radnor Pa.   also pulls around the Radnor B model open cab.

•  

John Statts, aka Firemack. That is his MH in the pictures, ex. Smith tractor.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:13 AM, fxfymn said:

I think there were six open cab CF's built. I know the one owned by Newton, MA was later made into a closed cab. One of our club members, Chris Oliphant,  has the one out of Cumberland, MD.

Thirteen total. 12 engines and one mid-mount stick. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Yes the MH was a Ralph Smith Tractor- Ron Smith has the 39 Baby Mack- he is on the this site and was one of the original owners that cared for the MH over its first 25 years and 1.2 M miles. It has been hauling the Radnor B Model and Radnor Hahn on the lowboy to shows more than 50 miles from Radnor. 

It was tough on the B model going 50 on the turnpike and getting blown off the road by modern trucks that are doing 75 and not paying attention, almost got hit several times.

The B model gets about 1 MPG around town and 3.75 going downhill with a tailwind, the MH gets about 5-6 with the lowboy attached and B model on the trailer at 73 MPH.

Check the garage for the picture of the MH as it was set up with the stainless horse trailers, hope to someday buy the Ralph Smith Horse trailer and make it into a travel trailer, if I can ever get the wife to get on board!

• Like 1

Thirteen total. 12 engines and one mid-mount stick. 

I knew it was quite low for the total production run. 

Edited by fxfymn

20 hours ago, Underdog said:

Some guy on here I remember named Smith... Maybe a relation?

Is that the guy that drives the blue mini-mack?

By the way you got accepted as a member of the Lehigh Valley Chapter this past Saturday. I tried to warn them but no one ever listens to me. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Is that the guy that drives the blue mini-mack?

By the way you got accepted as a member of the Lehigh Valley Chapter this past Saturday. I tried to warn them but no one ever listens to me. 

I kept telling Jeff no no no but he insisted... He must see some redeeming quality in me. Maybe it's the fact that I'm such a good BS artist. I wish I could have been there Saturday for my inauguration speech, but I was too busy hauling cars... we have more than we can handle including VW TDI returns.