hi grant, yes well the F chassis doesnt have a hole for the steer box. the R does. what are you doin with the 375? jeffro.

Hello, well this FR700 did, i am using the 375 in the r model with a rtlo20918b gearbox.

regards Grant

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Grant, i havent been able to get on here for a while to reply to you. The reason your FR has a hole in the LH chassis rail for steering is because it is an R model chassis, if it was an F model chassis there would not be a hole for steering and your front front spring mounts would be totally different from L to R, what you have is a standard Aussie built post 71 'F' model which is actually an 'FR700R', i.e. R model chassis. Regards jeffro.

Hi Grant, i havent been able to get on here for a while to reply to you. The reason your FR has a hole in the LH chassis rail for steering is because it is an R model chassis, if it was an F model chassis there would not be a hole for steering and your front front spring mounts would be totally different from L to R, what you have is a standard Aussie built post 71 'F' model which is actually an 'FR700R', i.e. R model chassis. Regards jeffro.

Hello, it must have been a heavy duty version? as the chassis is deeper than the R model i have, the R model i pulled the cab off and the other R that i wrecked had a much smaller chassis, the left and right side front spring mounts are the same, i am using all the suspension out of it as i must assume it would be higher rated than the R600 stuff? the front axle is a 532

i just picked up power steering off a valueliner for it, so i wont have to turn the wheel a million times to turn her, specially needed when backing the double roadtrain up to that third trailer.

regards Grant

Thank you,I've been approved and signed on the dotted line,and looked at the pictures :D

I do keep a can or two of spam in the truck,in case I get snowbounded or something-hope they don't find out and kick me out. At least i've already looked at the pictures! ;)

Nothen wrong with spam and on top of that Obana has been eating it so i will eat more of it my self. glenn

glenn akers