Mack 2 Stick Gear Box

EM6285

Hello to all of you guys It is me your good ol' friend from PUERTO RICO.

Guys I just got my hnds on a :mack1: R Truck with a 2-STICK :blink::wacko::mack1: Gear-Box....

Owner told me that one stick is for shifting 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 and the other stick has LO-HI and REVERSE.

He told me that If I gear into REVERSE, I can throw the 5 speed gears using the "5-speed stick"

Only thing I want to know is that if I put the LO gear and I throw the 5 gears on the other shift stick...In my next shift throw I have to go neutral get the HIGH gear in and then shift back ti 1ST on the other stick ?

How do I shift this one ?

I need to take this truck for a ride...

By the way I LOVE the idea of shifting 5 gears in reverse !!!!!SWEET.....

The Lo is only used with the main in first gear, for off road or if you get stuck but if you start out in lo first you can than shift to high and than run through the rest of the gears.

I thought I put the main in 1 and the other in LO so I throw 5 grars in LO then split-shift to HIGH and return to 1st and threw the rest shifts in HIGH.

But I love the fact that I can throw 5 grars in reverse.

I thought I put the main in 1 and the other in LO so I throw 5 grars in LO then split-shift to HIGH and return to 1st and threw the rest shifts in HIGH.

But I love the fact that I can throw 5 grars in reverse.

When I drove one of these trans in a dump truck, I put it in low, get 2 gears to get out of the soft stuff,then shift to high and continue through the rest. It's more like splitting every gear than it is 5 low-5 high. I think if you try to shift it the way you were going to it would be a big suprise. Have fun with it. Bill

That would be the "2 stick 6 speed" TRXL 107 or TRXL1071.

As has been said, Lo on the compound was designed to be used with the main in 1st, then all 5 gears on the main can be used with the compound in hi.

In reverse, 1st is such a low ratio it is rarely needed, 2nd and 3rd are the most useful ratios, and 4th and 5th are useful if you have to back up a long ways (on hard ground).

If it's the TRXL1071, it has a deeper reduction in lo (lo 1st was about 22 to 1, vs about 14 to 1 on the TRXL107.

When I drove a TRXL 1071, I found I could 2 hand split shift it from 2nd lo to 1st hi, the ratios work out perfectly, run it up against the governor in 2nd lo, take both sticks out of gear, and as the RPM's are falling off shift 'em into 1st hi. Works slicker than sh*t.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Normal driving just leave the compond stick in direct. shift the main 1-2-3-4-5

in the mud or offroad put the compound in low low, main in 1st, crawl out to level hard ground and then shift the compound into diect.

some will keep the compound in low low wile shifting the main from 1-2-3 to get some speed up then put the compound back into direct.

Normal driving just leave the compond stick in direct. shift the main 1-2-3-4-5

in the mud or offroad put the compound in low low, main in 1st, crawl out to level hard ground and then shift the compound into diect.

some will keep the compound in low low wile shifting the main from 1-2-3 to get some speed up then put the compound back into direct.

Ya we had a driver when i was growing up i remember him shifting out of 1st & 2nd in low & then shift 3rd over to direct

then other times he would shift 1ST Then from lo to direct then 2nd,3rd 4th & 5th

Its hard to beat "bulldog low" (lo lo ) in the mud

We had a job where we was a sub contractor on a set of double Bridge's here in the Millington aera bout 12yrs back on HWY51 We had to back up out of the pit loaded in "bulldog lo " up a hill then on to the high way & back down the southbound lanes bout a quarter to half of a mile to the 2nd bridge & back down another hill to the 2nd bridge & dump the excess dirt there (the southbound traffic where we was working was diverted on 1 of the lanes of northbound side lane & bridges)

i liked the fact that i could back up in 5th gear once i was on the pavement & progressive shift in reverse it was freaking the other driver out that had the Kenny's & Petes for example

I & My cousin made a lot of money off of bets on that job cause they said they could even out run Us in reverse A couple of OLE 77' & 79' DM685S :MackLogo: w/ 237's & 2 stick 6spd out ran them K.W.'s & Pete's in reverse on hard pavement LOADED :loldude:

once i got close to that 2nd hill i was gearing back down progressivly to "bulldog lo"

have a safeone yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: