gold dog

I remember a few years ago there was a guy in Mi.that had a r700 with a Cummins for sale. He used it to move his drag line. He only ran the truck in good weather and went to Florida in the winter. How many cranes you got.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Superdog got it right, the Elite package came with gold dogs,wood dash, embroidered seats and shifter boot.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Wow, I always thought gold dog was indicative of all Mack components.

NO. This is NOT always the case. There are some exceptions, I cannot recall exactly what they were, but there are cases where gold bulldogs are installed on Mutts. My father's Hayward F-Model had a 300 with a 5 speed and an original Rockwell 2-speed rear and had a gold dog. I will email Harvey Eckert and see what exactly the story is and post it here.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Michigan Special specs mcotter, eh? Mich. spec'd/based trucks, do the work of 2 trucks in 80,000lb. states (160,000lb.-gross). My cousin drives a CL in the U.P. similar to that(only his has a 565 Cummins in it) Nice ride,mcotter! :twothumbsup: Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This gold dog thing comes up pretty regularly.

I'm glad somebody posted all that detail on dates! Seems like I am constantly having an argument with somebody or another about what the gold dogs meant! Funny thing is, they are usually ALL right...depending on the age of the truck.

I'm old, so gold dogs meant Maxidyne power.

All that newer stuff is for you younger whipper-snappers!!!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."