new shop challanges

gearhead204

• 3 months later...

now i just have to pay attention while auction shopping, and not buy any toys that are 480volt only! as i used 240volt 3 ph.

oh and 2 weeks ago i ran across a 350,000 btu waste oil heater ......so it followed me home :banana:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My son came out today and we got another area prepped with insulation and rebar tied, will do some more in the am. Will start a 5x60 then along the west wall this area will be where my work benches will be so I don't care if I have a seam there, then I will do a 16x60 along side of that which will line up with the door on the north end, that way when on a creeper I wont hit any seams. the east side we did today is 14x40 and that will be under the loft for the most part, I left out the office pad and the bathroom/mechanical room for now as I don't want to try to finish to floor drains with that much other flat work to do. my reason for not going wider is the power screeds I'm using are a 10 ft. and a 16 ft. if I had a 20+ ft. one would be ideal but cant find one locally.

Awesome job! We all need a place to work on the important things in our life. I had my carpenter stop over last Sunday to look at my idea and will get the price to build it this week. Small but it will work. 15 wide by 54 long shed attached to the dairy barn and sawdust shed. Been working out in the cold for to long!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the Electricians were here today and got all the circuits ran :banana: will be back on wed. to install all the switches and outside lights, also the electric inspector should also be here then to pass it all off :twothumbsup: then on to the insulation! and then interior sheeting......then work on some projects!

Mike: hope you stay out of the hospital and can get a shop for the dogs to play in! this one is my 3td. attempt to get what i want for a work space.......and Its already too small, I think if i had about 20 acres under roof i might be happy then :whistling:

• Like 1