new shop challanges

gearhead204

Ok Vlad you have definitely out done me! all steal frame work, tile roof, and brick WOW if I did that here I would have to live in it. Did you have to do that because of the neighbors are so close? or is that normal construction for you? are you taxed on the value of your buildings, or the size? Sorry about all the questions , just curious

Yardo: the bar plumbing will start after the ground thaws! and the P.U.D. get their fiber optic cable moved and I get that damn pole out of my way!

Ok Vlad you have definitely out done me! all steal frame work, tile roof, and brick WOW if I did that here I would have to live in it. Did you have to do that because of the neighbors are so close? or is that normal construction for you? are you taxed on the value of your buildings, or the size? Sorry about all the questions , just curious

Yardo: the bar plumbing will start after the ground thaws! and the P.U.D. get their fiber optic cable moved and I get that damn pole out of my way!

ground thawed now I know you blokes are pulling my leg ground thawed yeah right they must all think Im silly

seriously I never thought of that I have never tried to dig frozen ground never have seen it it's new to me our winters are that mild in Australia our trees dont loose there leaves or anything we dont have a season called fall we just have autumn up in the tropics were I live we dont have winter spring or summer autumn just the wet season and the dry season

Mate that sheds looking good plenty of size but always can be bigger as my dad always "you can never have to many shed's"

he is such a wise old thing and seemed to get smarter as I got older funny that

Paul

• Like 1

ground thawed now I know you blokes are pulling my leg ground thawed yeah right they must all think Im silly

seriously I never thought of that I have never tried to dig frozen ground never have seen it it's new to me our winters are that mild in Australia our trees dont loose there leaves or anything we dont have a season called fall we just have autumn up in the tropics were I live we dont have winter spring or summer autumn just the wet season and the dry season

The farther north you get in the continental United States, the deeper you are required to place your concrete footings for buildings due to the "frost line." The frost line where I am located in Pennsylvania (Near Philadelphia) is 94.1cm (minimum) deep.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

The farther north you get in the continental United States, the deeper you are required to place your concrete footings for buildings due to the "frost line." The frost line where I am located in Pennsylvania (Near Philadelphia) is 94.1cm (minimum) deep.

ok why do they have to dig deeper for the frost line ?

Paul, when the ground freezes it expands. Clay can expand more than sandy ground. Your footings need to be on ground you know won't freeze. If the ground under your footing freezes, it will raise the footing, screwing up foundation walls and the structure that's on it.

Our frost line is 121.9 cm or 4 ft. I put water services down 5 ft.

Keith

Keith 

The sleeper is doing not bad. The body work is almost done and it's waiting to go to the paint shop. Just have no finished pics in the 'puter.

The other thing is bothered me. I'd like to paint the cab doors and the hood to put that all on the truck. But can't figure out on wich one. There's a reason to put on the better and the running one. Than I would be able to take the second one apart to work out the cab, it's better. But than I'd like to continue with the axles and the frame. And that second (parts) truck has one of the rails pear-shaped due to the accident.

So I would need to part out the main (driving) truck also :blush:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...