The cab is back on

Wow! I have 14.35 or 2.35 PM right now.

I made some counts in the past and it looked like I was 6 hours later than Aussie blokes and 6 h earlier than the East cost gang.

Locals tinkered a lot with summer/winter time switching the last 2-3 years so i finally lost the track.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 26.12.2016 at 1:18 PM, Retro Racer said:

I ended up buying the truck mentioned above. Not from the guy that "restored" it, but from a fellow Mack enthusiast in Kalgoorlie that was hoping to put it back to work. Due to a growing business and mine sites being reluctant to allow a near 50 year old truck onsite, he had to let it go and buy a newer truck.

It's far from restored. It's tidy on the outside and pretty much as it finished it career on the inside. She's a '68 F711-RST. Cross over steering shaft. Originally a long wheelbase rigid for Wrights Cattle Transport fitted with a C motor, quad box and 34,000 rear end.

At some stage the wheelbase was shortened up into a prime mover, 44,000 rear end fitted with 6:34's. A 9sp over drive Road Ranger. The motor is stamped as a C, but it's actually a 237 Maxidyne.

The original hard seat base on the drivers side (RHD) has been cut out and an old Mack suspension seat fitted in it place.

I recently removed plywood additions to the centre console as most of the extra switches and gauges aren't connected. I also replaced the Push Pull Park Brake Valve as it was leaking profusely in the parked position via the foot valve.

She holds start air for about 4-5 days and starts first go, even if parked for over a month.

My short term goals are to tighten up the gear linkages, soften up the rear Spring packs and refurbish the semi custom cab suspension that was fitted at some stage. I also am hoping to fit a suspension seat for my lady...

All the best

Roland

Sydney Australia

Thank you for sharing this story and the picture.

I don't remember you previousely mentioned you bought that rig.

Seems cool you could ride your lady there. Hope it was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

On 28 December 2016 at 10:26 PM, Vladislav said:

Thank you for sharing this story and the picture.

I don't remember you previousely mentioned you bought that rig.

Seems cool you could ride your lady there. Hope it was a lot of fun.

G'day Vlad,

Good to hear from you. 

Did you ever read my story of how a purchased my Mack and drove it home?

http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/OldTruck/15533-my-f711-rst-nullarbor-adventure

All the best

Roland

18 hours ago, Retro Racer said:

G'day Vlad,

Good to hear from you. 

Did you ever read my story of how a purchased my Mack and drove it home?

http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/OldTruck/15533-my-f711-rst-nullarbor-adventure

All the best

Roland

G'day Roland,

No I haven't got to it before.

Spent a pleasant while reading right now. Thanks the great for taking that much of your time posting it.

Too interesting to learn details and both take myself to your part oof the world. Sure a bit different than at me. We have just 35 cm of snow all over right now.

I f I were you I keep all the story you posted somwhere on you hard disk too. Nobody knows the future but you might be enjoyed to wright some life stories of yours.

I either had a nice trip with my old R when I purchased it. Not such a long one as you did but it was good enough for me making 1500 km all over for my almost first truck drive. You can put your eye on it either if have a bit of interest. It was typed 4 years back for now and I hope I spell British better now. So don't put much shame on me when reading.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/27906-double-sleeper-run/#comment-142396

Have a good time,

Vlad