lethargic Mechanical E7 350

masterwelder

It had been cold here the last few days. Yesterday I needed the truck and it was plugged it but my timer is only set to come on during the weekdays. Anyway about 7 degrees, truck fired right up.

It does run ok. Turning the puff limiter screw made a big difference. Eventually I will have to address the pump form the sounds of it.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but my truck is doing the same thing. I have a 97 CH613 with a mech. E7 350hp. Only has a slight skip at light throttle and idle, and seems to get worse an engine temp increases. I have already set the valves and had the injectors rebuilt, and no change. I don't know whether to pull the pump and have it checked, or do a compression test, or check for cam lobe wear. Just looking for some advice and to see if the OP got his truck fixed. thanks

• 1 year later...

I'll give my update. I set the valves, had the injectors rebuilt, and had the pump rebuilt. At 1400-1600 rpm my truck still has a bad  flutter/miss and reminds me of a helicopter, but only in a light load situation. I don't know what else to check for or try. Anymore advice or updates?

I had a slight miss on my 95 e7-350 last year, 2nd set of fuel filters cleared it up. Almost sounded like the Jake brake was engaging at higher (15-1600) RPMs.  Pulling the Jake wires off the heads eliminated that possibility. First set of fuel filters made it good for a day or two, second set made it go away, hasn't happened since. 18,600+ hours, 250,000 miles, original engine, never rebuilt that we know of.

Only ever get 26 psi boost out of it, would love to know how you guys get 30+ psi! This dog is no maxidyne, we thought there was something wrong with the engine because it just didn't pull like we thought a Mack 350 should. But we had only ever driven endt676 maxidyne 2 sticks prior, and this truck makes the same boost they made. We just had to get used to a totally different power band.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, JoeH said:

I had a slight miss on my 95 e7-350 last year, 2nd set of fuel filters cleared it up. Almost sounded like the Jake brake was engaging at higher (15-1600) RPMs.  Pulling the Jake wires off the heads eliminated that possibility. First set of fuel filters made it good for a day or two, second set made it go away, hasn't happened since. 18,600+ hours, 250,000 miles, original engine, never rebuilt that we know of.

Only ever get 26 psi boost out of it, would love to know how you guys get 30+ psi! This dog is no maxidyne, we thought there was something wrong with the engine because it just didn't pull like we thought a Mack 350 should. But we had only ever driven endt676 maxidyne 2 sticks prior, and this truck makes the same boost they made. We just had to get used to a totally different power band.

95 e7-350, also only 26 lbs of boost. Pulls good tho. Our 427's get over 30lbs. 23000hrs on the 350. Only time I've ever remember a flutter issue the the throttle threw a code and had to replace the foot pedal