Air Disc Brakes On A 1995 Rd Mixer?

Ok I saw this on eBay a little while back but it just appeared again. So I have to ask, was this setup actually offered from factory? Amazing to see an all Mack drive line with air disc brakes along with daytons. Any ideas on who made the brake components?

Barry could you look this up for me if I get the VIN#?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Thad i CANT Speak for the Rear disc brakes on a Mack But we had a 77'DM685S W/ FRONT disc brakes & Daytons on it from the factory it was the 1st time i ever seen them on the front of a :mack1: but it had S CAM BRAKES on the back NOW This is 1st time ive seen them on the rear of a :mack1:

I Know those that was on our 77 DM The driver kept so far adjusted up that it would almost throw ya through the winshield good Lord i told him back off a half on the front & a quarter on the rear for adjusting he told "boy i wanna stop " i said "ok" & left it alone after that :rolleyes:

Matter of fact the 77 DM We had had the same suspension on it as does the 1 in the pics above man talk bout an awsome suspension in soft ground & loaded BUT when empty it would beat ya to death ... ;) whats the name of this mack suspension yall? i never knew but i know its similar to a rubber block hendrickson suspension

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Thad i CANT Speak for the Rear disc brakes on a Mack But we had a 77'DM685S W/ FRONT disc brakes & Daytons on it from the factory it was the 1st time i ever seen them on the front of a :mack1: but it had S CAM BRAKES on the back NOW This is 1st time ive seen them on the rear of a :mack1:

I Know those that was on our 77 DM The driver kept so far adjusted up that it would almost throw ya through the winshield good Lord i told him back off a half on the front & a quarter on the rear for adjusting he told "boy i wanna stop " i said "ok" & left it alone after that :rolleyes:

Matter of fact the 77 DM We had had the same suspension on it as does the 1 in the pics above man talk bout an awsome suspension in soft ground & loaded BUT when empty it would beat ya to death ... ;) whats the name of this mack suspension yall? i never knew but i know its similar to a rubber block hendrickson suspension

later yall

:mack1:

Looks like SWW562 Walking Beam to me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've had several MR's that have had air disc brakes both on camelback and ridewell.... i belive they were meritor setups, as a matter of fact I just threw away a set of hubs with the disc on them. very good stopping power but prone to wear out fast, and very expensive to replace.... I could do a complete set of drums, shoes, and seals for 4 wheels for the less than the cost of 1 complete air disc wheel. have to change the hub to change them over though.....I still have a 18000 front with the disc on them....

• 9 months later...

I've had several MR's that have had air disc brakes both on camelback and ridewell.... i belive they were meritor setups, as a matter of fact I just threw away a set of hubs with the disc on them. very good stopping power but prone to wear out fast, and very expensive to replace.... I could do a complete set of drums, shoes, and seals for 4 wheels for the less than the cost of 1 complete air disc wheel. have to change the hub to change them over though.....I still have a 18000 front with the disc on them....

Whare do you get your parts for the Disc brakes I just bought a MR and i'm having a hard time finding wheel studs for aluminum wheels. the truck came with steel buds and we bught a set of alloys and need longer studs.....the 2 dealers i use stated that truck never came with alloys I find that hard to belive.......any help would be appreaciated.....THANKS

post-3476-1237755928_thumb.jpg