Headed to New Zealand

Timothy Maikshilo

So, how does it feel to drive from the passenger side... I've never seen it done sober ;)

Country side looks impressive! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

from all reports NZ is full of great country side changes every corner you drive around or so Im told plenty of different wild life to look at even some good looking sheilas to

Are you going to have a look at the big sawmills on the north Island all the trucks run on private roads Pacifics Macks ect ect if you can get into have a look I understand its like going to BC with there big trucks I have never being to either so Im only going on what I have read or being told

Paul

from all reports NZ is full of great country side changes every corner you drive around or so Im told plenty of different wild life to look at even some good looking sheilas to

Are you going to have a look at the big sawmills on the north Island all the trucks run on private roads Pacifics Macks ect ect if you can get into have a look I understand its like going to BC with there big trucks I have never being to either so Im only going on what I have read or being told

Paul

Thanks Paul I'll look into that!

I understand its like going to BC with there big trucks I have never being to either so Im only going on what I have read or being told

Paul

Nah..!!! nothing like that here in BC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xsuy5oe3yM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINDsyIWoQ8

sorry Paul, no logging going on up here..... no treehuggers on this forum, are there???

:whistling:

BC Mack

Paul the country side is awesome and the people top notch!attachicon.gifIMG_0056.JPG GG2 I agree 100%!attachicon.gifIMG_0066.JPG

Another place to go on my bucket list!! But since my wife will not fly, it'll never happen. :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

What do you mean?

Just get the yacht out of dry dock at the marina...

Funny. I've lived in spitting distance from the Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, never had the desire to own a boat.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 year later...

They're calling your name Tim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiny New Zealand town with 'too many jobs' launches drive to recruit outsiders

The Guardian  /  June 29, 2016

Kaitangata, on the South Island, is offering new residents attractively priced house and land packages in the hope of tempting city-dwellers to relocate

A tiny New Zealand town has a unique problem – too many jobs, too many affordable houses and not enough people to fill them.

So the 800 residents of picturesque Kaitangata, on the South Island, have launched a recruitment drive to lure new residents to the town.

The scheme involves offering house and land packages in the rural community for an attractive NZ$230,000 (£122,000) in the hope that Kiwis struggling with life in big cities will be tempted to relocate.

Bryan Cadogan, mayor of the Clutha district, which includes Kaitangata, estimates there are upwards of 1,000 jobs vacant in his district and local residents are unable to meet demand.

He said: “When I was unemployed and had a family to feed, the Clutha gave me a chance, and now we want to offer that opportunity to other Kiwi families who might be struggling.

“We have got youth unemployment down to two. Not 2% – just two unemployed young people.”

The major employers in the Clutha distract are linked to primary industries – including a dairy processing plant and freezing works – and for many years they have been forced to bus in workers from the provincial hub of Dunedin, which is over an hour away.

“I despair over the way many Kiwi families are forced to live these days,” said Cadogan, who is a born and bred local.

Map of Kaitangata

“So many of the things Kiwis value, such as owning your own home and providing for your family, have become an impossible dream. For a lot of people in New Zealand life is just an endless slog. And that really saddens me.”

Dairy farmer Evan Dick is a third-generation resident of Kaitangata and he is spearheading the town’s recruitment drive.

He is offering house and land packages and has the bank, lawyers and local community services on stand-by to streamline the relocation process for any blue-collar workers interested in shifting to the town.

“The housing crisis in New Zealand has made the Kiwi dream unattainable for many people, but in Kaitangata the Kiwi dream is still a reality,” said Dick.

“This is an old-fashioned community, we don’t lock our houses, we let kids run free. We have jobs, we have houses, but we don’t have people. We want to make this town vibrant again, we are waiting with open arms.”

• Like 1

On 6/29/2016 at 10:19 PM, kscarbel2 said:

They're calling your name Tim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiny New Zealand town with 'too many jobs' launches drive to recruit outsiders

The Guardian  /  June 29, 2016

Kaitangata, on the South Island, is offering new residents attractively priced house and land packages in the hope of tempting city-dwellers to relocate

A tiny New Zealand town has a unique problem – too many jobs, too many affordable houses and not enough people to fill them.

So the 800 residents of picturesque Kaitangata, on the South Island, have launched a recruitment drive to lure new residents to the town.

The scheme involves offering house and land packages in the rural community for an attractive NZ$230,000 (£122,000) in the hope that Kiwis struggling with life in big cities will be tempted to relocate.

Bryan Cadogan, mayor of the Clutha district, which includes Kaitangata, estimates there are upwards of 1,000 jobs vacant in his district and local residents are unable to meet demand.

He said: “When I was unemployed and had a family to feed, the Clutha gave me a chance, and now we want to offer that opportunity to other Kiwi families who might be struggling.

“We have got youth unemployment down to two. Not 2% – just two unemployed young people.”

The major employers in the Clutha distract are linked to primary industries – including a dairy processing plant and freezing works – and for many years they have been forced to bus in workers from the provincial hub of Dunedin, which is over an hour away.

“I despair over the way many Kiwi families are forced to live these days,” said Cadogan, who is a born and bred local.

Map of Kaitangata

“So many of the things Kiwis value, such as owning your own home and providing for your family, have become an impossible dream. For a lot of people in New Zealand life is just an endless slog. And that really saddens me.”

Dairy farmer Evan Dick is a third-generation resident of Kaitangata and he is spearheading the town’s recruitment drive.

He is offering house and land packages and has the bank, lawyers and local community services on stand-by to streamline the relocation process for any blue-collar workers interested in shifting to the town.

“The housing crisis in New Zealand has made the Kiwi dream unattainable for many people, but in Kaitangata the Kiwi dream is still a reality,” said Dick.

“This is an old-fashioned community, we don’t lock our houses, we let kids run free. We have jobs, we have houses, but we don’t have people. We want to make this town vibrant again, we are waiting with open arms.”

Yes I read this on Trade Me NZ. They know how to get attention there!