CB Handles..........

1958 F.W.D.

Must be metric. Cause in the states 33 is a couple mosquito bites. These are 44s.

securedownload-7.jpeg

yes I'm proud. Oh back to the cb thing.

showoff! Lol
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well on the cb handle front I got the nickname "502" back when I was big into street/drag racing, told everybody I was gonna drop a 502 crate motor in and smoke em all 1 too many times. Anyway "502" got shortened up to "deuce" for a while, then I made a change to "empty pockets", i thought it fit well driving a chromed out truck. Then after goin back to dump trucking they wouldn't let me keep empty pockets so it was back to deuce, has been ever since even overseas.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can talk to some fool that is talking to his self 1000 miles away as easy than talking to some one running with me.A lot of noise out there.

On the island here it's all espanole and ebonics

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well since I was named after Dad's B Model Yall can guess what 1 childhood nickname of mine was & still is .

Bulldog is the most common handle that is used though w/ certain close friends there are exceptions .

Some buddies from Middle & High School Call me Mack Daddy . Some of them drive now & weather they see me in person or on the road & holler @ me on the radio , or call my phone they use Mack Daddy ...lol

Thank God its not too common I never thought of myself as a Mack Daddy :loldude:

While others I went to school with called me Mack Attack . Im still called That from time to time by certain folks .

& I Too have had my share of Connex & Cobra Radios Most w/ Fire in the wire , RoadKing Mics & skip shooter Atennas . .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Some of you have seen this before. This is an actual bonafide picture of SWMBO and two of her friends. Not downloaded from the interwebz or taken in Winfall. I get to fall asleep with one of these three sets every night.

attachicon.gif3 friends.jpg

That is one hell of a three night rotation!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Do you guys have any luck with the new Cobra 29 LX ? I bought one at Loves and asked the shop to install it in the new Mack.

I've had one for about 2 years. Ran it in the truck for a year and now it's in the four wheeler. I'm not huge fan of the faceplate but love the additional features it has over traditional 29, such as the scan and built-in diagnostics. The choice of 4 colors for the screen is nice also. The blue matches well with the Pinnacle switches.

Performance wise it's as good as any of the newer Cobra 29's and can easily be modified if you choose. I would avoid a peak and tune unless you know the shop is not going to cut the modulation limiter. IMO you're better off running it straight out of the box without hacking it up. I sent mine to a shop in Carlisle PA and he replaced some factory parts with better quality and it is very loud and clear, but that was just a personal preference. If possible, your focus should be on running your own coax and antenna for best performance. We have several Pinnacles where I work and on many, mine included, the factory setup is faulty and can burn up tour radio in short order.

My only concerns are how the digital faceplate will hold up over the long term and the channel knob feels a bit cheap but overall I'd say you made a wise choice. it's a very good radio for the money.

Jim

Jim ,

I like it and I changed it to blue to match the Pinnacle today.

When I key my hand mic the antenna warning comes on ? Is the antenna on the driver side mirror the one for the CB?

ive had alotta cobra,s they have always stood up real well for me...run a night watch now,,,but it bumped up,,,get a lotta compliments on it good luck...bob

Jim ,

I like it and I changed it to blue to match the Pinnacle today.

When I key my hand mic the antenna warning comes on ? Is the antenna on the driver side mirror the one for the CB?

It should be. Our Pinnacles use the driver's mirror and a few actually use it, but many of them are faulty. I even tried a few different antennas with no luck. I don't know where the issue is but the easiest solution would be to mount your own bracket on the grab handle over the rear window and use your own coax and antenna. It's a pain but once set up your good for a while. Either way, avoid keying up beyond checking the SWR until the problem is resolved.

• Like 1

Jim

Ours didn't come with one. I've been meaning to try one there but haven't got around to it. I had a lot of headaches when trying to find a good ground for my antenna mount and was going to try a second antenna but came up with a different solution. I was skeptical about the passenger side antenna idea because I figured if it needed one there it should have come that way from the factory, but I could be mistaken.

I couldn't even get a ground off the grab handle over the rear window, but most of my coworkers have their mounts there with no swr issues. I'm told that it's not unusual for identical trucks to have different issues. Through trial and error, I came up with a mount and location that I am very pleased with.

5B09ABA2-2A5F-40D9-A674-61A50D6404F8_zps

That's a 3" piece of galvanized steel I found on Amazon for around $5. It came with 2 pre-drilled 1/2" holes that were perfect for the stud and bolt. I replaced the factory bolt with a slightly longer one to make up for the thickness of the steel. If you are shopping for a fiberglass antenna I recommend a Francis of at least 4' in length. They can be found at most truck stop chains for $18-25.

Jim

nice neat job,,,ive had them in the back,,,couple times,,,they usually work pretty good...there...bob

I've always had good results when mounting directly to the grab handle on trucks I've driven prior to this one. I think of it as a blessing in disguise because I'm very pleased with this setup and only came up with the idea out of necessity.

• Like 1

Jim

I've always had good results when mounting directly to the grab handle on trucks I've driven prior to this one. I think of it as a blessing in disguise because I'm very pleased with this setup and only came up with the idea out of necessity.

well i usually wind up using the mirrors on the kenworths,,,cause they usually get a good match,,,and dont like running the coax out the windows and over the roof.lol.bob

well i usually wind up using the mirrors on the kenworths,,,cause they usually get a good match,,,and dont like running the coax out the windows and over the roof.lol.bob

I hear ya. I do have everything tucked in behind the trim so it looks good inside but the fairings behind the cab made the exterior routing difficult. I also have it routed through the door which is enough to make the purists cringe, but we do the best we can with the equipment and company policies we have to work with.

There's an FXF driver I run into on the PA turnpike sometimes and he says they are only allowed to use the factory setup.

Jim

I hear ya. I do have everything tucked in behind the trim so it looks good inside but the fairings behind the cab made the exterior routing difficult. I also have it routed through the door which is enough to make the purists cringe, but we do the best we can with the equipment and company policies we have to work with.

There's an FXF driver I run into on the PA turnpike sometimes and he says they are only allowed to use the factory setup.

ya,,its true but everyone in reno changes them or atleast alotta them dont know why...i always have good luck,with stock setup,,but the volvo,s dont even come with anything but a pigeon perch over the right door so they dont have much choice but to hang thier own,,glad im not stuck in ona those lol.bob

I wish they would put better coax and antennas on new trucks. They go to such great lengths to route everything through the mirror brackets and out in the ceiling to hide everything but it makes it nearly impossible to replace without taking the truck apart. We used to get most of our radio work done at a CB shop in Bedford, and the guy always complained that they used the sorriest, cheapest coax and antennas money could buy on brand new KWs.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.