Jump to content
Wobblin-Goblin

Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Recommended Posts

The content more than makes up for the quality of the video. I didn't think it was all that bad, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks and sounds great. Anythings else left to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd worked your way through 9 gears by the time you passed the camera! Great Mack rebuild story, excellent photography and sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks and sounds great. Anythings else left to do?

1. Paint rear wheels.

2. Fix/repair/replace brake light valve.

3. Re-install windshield (even though everything is new, it leaks).

4. Find an ash tray for it.

5. Find "Thermodyne" and "B61" badges for it.

6. Install Maxis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your be looks great and the new one is neat too. Looks like you need another ash tray though. Keep the pictures coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good score on the B42! New rebuild thread starting soon?!

What he said :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice B42. its a 62 to early 64 truck by the looks of it and the vin number. 64 came out with the R model dome light and those signal lights on the front fenders are original to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice B42. its a 62 to early 64 truck by the looks of it and the vin number. 64 came out with the R model dome light and those signal lights on the front fenders are original to.

Thanks, that was my guess as well. There were only 22-23k B40 series trucks made, so I knew this was later in the production run.

Yes, I will start a new thread for the B42 when work on it starts. :clock_logo:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an ash tray. The outside bracket is not there. I have some B61 badges as well. They are used but not broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an ash tray. The outside bracket is not there. I have some B61 badges as well. They are used but not broken.

I have the chrome piece that bolts into the dash. It's the pull out ashtray part that I'm missing. If you have that and it's in OK shape I'm interested. Also interested in the B61 badges, too.

Could you message me pics and price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take pictures tonight and send them to you with pricing. Sorry it took so long to replay. Not a regular on this site yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Mr. Goblin,

Attached are the items we discussed. Ash tray has been sandblasted and primed on the outside. Inside painted black.

(3) B61 badges. 2 rough, 1 pretty nice. I could blast the (2) rough ones and paint them black. That is what I did for mine.

I also have some new Thermodyne and Diesel emblems that I planned to use but the studs did not line up with my hood and I did not want to elongate the holes.

There are also (2) short stainless trim pieces for the hood if you need any.

Let me know.

post-18550-0-51599700-1447796322_thumb.j

post-18550-0-40650000-1447796327_thumb.j

post-18550-0-21844200-1447796333_thumb.j

post-18550-0-59780700-1447796337_thumb.j

post-18550-0-99359900-1447796342_thumb.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get my PM on the parts pricing Mr. Goblin? Let me know if you are interested. I hope the message was sent properly.

Regards.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies, yes I did see it, but haven't had a chance to get back to you. Please see my PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to try and cut down on rodents, I added screens to the air holes under and behind all four cushions.

Anyone ever do this?

post-18831-0-88197700-1450652390_thumb.j

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, done that to mine to, exact same thing. I used sheetmetal tho and drilled holes in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to try and cut down on rodents, I added screens to the air holes under and behind all four cushions.

Anyone ever do this?

That should have been done at the factory! Stuffed some Scotch Brite pad in mine for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know what rodents you plan on keeping out with those screens on seat bottoms,certainly not mice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the new sun visor today. Used a piece of 1/4" luan plywood and bolted it together. It actually looks somewhat like the original pressed cardboard original.

I like it.

post-18831-0-12322500-1450913372_thumb.j

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...