Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Congratulations on the floor mat, and of course on all the other great work. I did a floor mat a couple of months ago for my B so I can relate to the pressure of not screwing it up. I made a template out of heavy brown paper. The only place I wasn't sure of is around the clutch pedal. When you get the hole large enough to not drag on the pedal shaft you get some noise and day light. Seems like there should be a rubber pad or some such thing on the shaft to seal the hole when the clutch is not in use.

Congratulations on the floor mat, and of course on all the other great work. I did a floor mat a couple of months ago for my B so I can relate to the pressure of not screwing it up. I made a template out of heavy brown paper. The only place I wasn't sure of is around the clutch pedal. When you get the hole large enough to not drag on the pedal shaft you get some noise and day light. Seems like there should be a rubber pad or some such thing on the shaft to seal the hole when the clutch is not in use.

BTW, my truck has such a rubber pad helping to cover that hole for the shaft. Guess I was fortunate!

yup the mats can be a pita to do and get right. the clutch and steering column along with the e brake and shifting levers had a heavy 1/4 foam around them to stop the air flow . some of the shifting lever sealin pads were actually screwed to the floor board with another piece of sheet metal over them.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

wheres the pictures or video? Sounded like you had a support crew. :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT:

We were too busy trying to get it ready for the road, and then it was nice to just....drive. I've invested nearly every work day for four straight months on this project, it was a relief to put the tools down and just enjoy the satisfaction of being on the road legally.

Of course, there's more work to be done (the rest of the chassis, the dump body, etc.), but for a few hours yesterday afternoon I simply wanted to relax with it.

• Like 2