Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Having this thread is good for me, too, because it's also a written record of everything we've done to the truck. As you can see, the list is quite extensive already and we haven't even touched the exterior body work/paint yet.

Today I swapped out the top exhaust clamp (that holds the 90 degree elbow tip above the muffler) for a band clamp. It's a cleaner look. Also, I finished the entire exhaust job by installing the top flex mount (where it mounts to the cab). I made it out of a piece of conveyor belt, which is about as rugged a material that I could find that was still somewhat flexible. I'll post close up pics of the exhaust tomorrow.

For the remainder of the day I helped my uncle on his B65. While he was finishing up some wiring and lights, I attacked the interior of the cab to clean it.

• Like 2

Believe it or not, the flap is almost square. The cab mount makes it look out of square. It's an optical illusion. Besides, I was working with a scrap piece of belt that was free. Any time I can get something at no cost, I happily accept it if it does the job. As you probably know, you can rack up expenses pretty quickly with projects like these. Sometimes I look at a product, part, or accessory longingly...only to put it back on the shelf or not hit "submit," LOL.

I have some leads, Barb, but nothing definitive yet.

BTW, didn't get to do anything (other than drive it!) on the Mack today, but on tomorrow's agenda I have:

1. Replace right front brake line.

2. Remove left front wheel and address the power steering drag link.

3. Clean remaining floor boards and paint them black.

4. Spray down all the bolts attaching the bumper. This will help make it easier to remove it so we can straighten it and paint it soon.

Of course, I'll be posting pics.

Any time I can get something at no cost, I happily accept it if it does the job. As you probably know, you can rack up expenses pretty quickly with projects like these.

Mate I couldnt agree more as the saying goes best way to make a small fortune " Start of with a large fortune and then buy a truck "

top job you doing mate

Paul

• Like 1

BTW, didn't get to do anything (other than drive it!) on the Mack today,

I'm pretty sure THAT ALONE counts! :) Can't wait to hear the progress tomorrow.

The dirt and grime and general yuck that was in the fuel filter and canister makes me wanna either cry or throw-up....or maybe both. Poor truck---he didn't deserve that. :pat:

Sorry, no picture of the spring. We already put everything back on the truck and there's no way I want to take it back off without being forced to. ;)

We simply had a longer spring of the same diameter that we cut to fit length-wise. I believe it originally came off somewhere from a Model A Ford.

BTW, the piece of line that was in the drag link can be seen in the picture of the drag link. It's in between the tips of two screwdrivers.