Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Congratulations on the new project.

Dare I ask what you paid?

I'm attempting to help a neighbor find homes for some old Macks, see Restorable Macks for pictures.

I'm also interested in buying one of them for my own so I want an idea of what is fair.

These trucks have been resting for 10-20 years but all probably would start and drive with fresh batteries and fluids.

Might be some stuck brakes or clutches though.

Thanks

Congratulations on the new project.

Dare I ask what you paid?

I'm attempting to help a neighbor find homes for some old Macks, see Restorable Macks for pictures.

I'm also interested in buying one of them for my own so I want an idea of what is fair.

These trucks have been resting for 10-20 years but all probably would start and drive with fresh batteries and fluids.

Might be some stuck brakes or clutches though.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

did you put any glue on it? usually when you paint and put the rubber on the pinchweld, its too shiny to seal. have to put some windshield sealant on the pinchweld before you put the rubber on. DONT use Urethane, youll never get it off. even a little black rtv would work. originally I think Mack put the windshield rubbers in the B models over the red oxide primer and taped it off to paint. least some were done this way.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wobblin-Gobblin,

I wanted to ask you if you ever finished painting the dump bed and rear wheels? I started to follow your post from the beginning and have to really compliment you on your patience and dedication to completing this project. You have done what a lot of us wish we had the time and money to do. If you have any pictures of the final look of your "pride and joy" I'm sure everyone would love to see them. Congratulations on a fine truck.

Your doing great! That would be a great truck for local work,shame you couldn't haul much "legally" in CT.

I would really like to haul locally with it, but as you said, CT wouldn't allow me to load it adequately. It's got 55,000 rears, and the state would only permit me to gross 54,000. This is a 70,000lb truck all day long.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...