Finally did it. I now own a Mack.

Today's progress:

1. Started taping.

2. Started final sanding.

3. While under the truck checking play in the PTO linkage, I noticed a clevis pin was badly worn. Replaced it. While there, noticed one of bolts was loose on the channel iron cross member that the fuel line between the tanks is attached to. Took it out, cleaned it up, put never seize on it, added a washer and put it back on tight.

4. Installed the two defroster pieces on top of the dash.

5. Sprayed rubber undercoating inside the doors where I had to grind off the old coating for welding patches.

Tomorrow we will finish final sanding and set up staging for painting the cab, which will happen on Thursday.

It seems that after 1960, Mack green paint code 804 which is PPG 40496 was the Mack green and used into the 70's and 80's.

Before 1960, there is use of code 804 as well as Mack code 815 Brewster green which is PPG 40495.

If a customer wanted a color other than a Mack color, it would be painted using the paint code provided by the customer.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

It seems that after 1960, Mack green paint code 804 which is PPG 40496 was the Mack green and used into the 70's and 80's.

Before 1960, there is use of code 804 as well as Mack code 815 Brewster green which is PPG 40495.

If a customer wanted a color other than a Mack color, it would be painted using the paint code provided by the customer.

I see. The reason I used those U & F as examples was because they were in production at the same time as the B model.

Jim

Today's progress:

1. Finished final sanding.

2. Set up staging around the cab to get me up high enough to paint over the hood and roof.

3. Blew all the dust off the truck and out the garage with air hose.

Tomorrow I'll finish taping, papering, and laying drop cloths in preparation for painting on Thursday morning.

Pics tomorrow.

Today's progress:

1. Re-installed all the innards of the passenger door (panel/window, handles, vent window, etc.).

2. Put on the driver's side mirror.

3. Installed the air cleaner and exhaust.

4. Installed the chrome strips on the hood.

5. Worked on the horn base (freed up the adjustment screws, cleaned it, primed and painted it).

6. Cleaned the windshield and rear window.

7. Started it up for the first time in almost three months.

• Like 1