GMC 7000

NY-B61

Would be great to see it restored, very cool truck, must be rare to see one.

It gets a lot of attention because of it's location and visibility but I've never seen another one like it in person.

They were not rare back in the day, although the Ford of that model (N series) was quite a bit more common. There also seemed to be as many or more of the Dodge model, the C. That one having the V12 engine would be rare though.

I wonder how much of a doghouse is in the cab with that short hood and long engine. Did you get interior pics?

one of my best buddies is ol Norm Tuanton from Galt, CA!!! That was his Dad's truck and he saw that his cousin Ivan got it. I saw it many times and it was a cool truck. I called Norm and told him of your post here. he would love to see some pics on how Ivan is doing with it.

They were not rare back in the day, although the Ford of that model (N series) was quite a bit more common. There also seemed to be as many or more of the Dodge model, the C. That one having the V12 engine would be rare though.

I wonder how much of a doghouse is in the cab with that short hood and long engine. Did you get interior pics?

Back for more pictures today if the weather cooperates. He also has a few other unusual trucks I haven't even photographed yet.

Mackdaddy

I am sorry, I did not take any pictures of it.. Ivan Hosted the Heart of Dixie chapter show at his garage. He had it parked inside with all the front sheet metal and radiator off, the big old V-12 out in the open for everyone to see. He was doing body work on the back of the cab. and the door still said Taunton and Galt CA in mailbox stick on letters.

Ivan's email addy is: dixielandtoys@bellsouth.net if they want to contact him.. maybe he has some progress pictures?

Brocky

i need to check the neighbors bone yard i think there is a 702 in there out of a old tonasket fire dept. truck there. when i was on tonaskets dept. we raced it against a sea grave w/ 8v71 and 5 something rear gears would do 53 mph with 750 gal. of water up a 6% grade and the ole 702 in that gmc would eat it alive once it warmed up ! that gmc was a coe with a rear half cab. unique ole truck. it finally got parted out about 5 years ago.

Ken

Sterling Hornoi of Regina Sask CA has one mounted on the back of a 1949 REO flatbed which he brings to a lot of the ATHS National shows and fires up. Probably will be at York??

I think that video Tom just posted may be Sterling's engine.

Brocky

Several years ago,when they were closing up Broderick's Truck Salvage near Dixon,IL (40 acres of some really cool old stuff,1000 + trucks of all kinds) I saw them destroy a low mile, ex-military, sleeper cab GMC 7000 twin screw tractor in really nice shape,just to get the V12 out of it. They grabbed it with an excavator with a claw,shook it till the cab finally let loose from the frame,then cut the frame and front axle off. Real shame,but nobody wanted the truck,just the engine. Wasn't the only cool truck that they destroyed.

Several years ago,when they were closing up Broderick's Truck Salvage near Dixon,IL (40 acres of some really cool old stuff,1000 + trucks of all kinds) I saw them destroy a low mile, ex-military, sleeper cab GMC 7000 twin screw tractor in really nice shape,just to get the V12 out of it. They grabbed it with an excavator with a claw,shook it till the cab finally let loose from the frame,then cut the frame and front axle off. Real shame,but nobody wanted the truck,just the engine. Wasn't the only cool truck that they destroyed.

I've seen that happen more than once and not just trucks. Lyster Oldmobile ~ Pontiac in Glen Cove shut it's doors when GM decided the dealership was too small and too old. They opened their doors in 1926. The parts stock in the loft went from pre WWII to the late 60's, tools, machines and about 50 years of dealer signs. All scrapped and destroyed. Nothing and I mean nothing was sold or given away. The family stood there and made sure every thing was trashed. Makes you wonder what the hell people think.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE