Brockway progress

That is exactly what the guy at the spring shop said. Probably the smartest move... but i' am stubborn and am going to try and fix it first. If i go this route i will roll a set of 46k or 52k camelback under there. I already measured it will go right in.

I was gonna suggest if you going to change might as well just throw camelback in there. Theres a few companies up by us running camelback in KWs and Petes.

Matt

Tore into it today. My friend and i put in a full day,,,man this stuff is heavy. Tunion bearings... what trunion bearing. The main beam is shot. notice how you don't need to replace bushings you can just weld steel plate over them. Hope to have everything disassembled by the end of the weekend.post-2286-0-00894900-1420334695_thumb.jppost-2286-0-34271900-1420334772_thumb.jppost-2286-0-09624100-1420334805_thumb.jppost-2286-0-94308400-1420334846_thumb.jp

That trunion shaft still isn't out. I' am tempted to cut it out but i need to know that i can get a replacement first. I called Stengle bros. they can get me the bushings but they need part numbers look up the other stuff. How do you look up parts for a brockway? i think it is an AC6u suspension but how do i know exactly.

Jump on the brock site. Alot off knowledge on there.

i would like to. i have tried to register but i never get a confirmation email. i did look in my spam folder . idk what i'am doing wrong. I have been reading there for a long time but have never been able to register.

The Mack archives do have the Brockway archives, you would have to contact Don Schumacker at the Mack Museum with your serial number, and I am sure your suspension information would be in the file, however the backlog to archive requests is 6-8 weeks.

Didn't know they had the brockway archives there. Thanks. I will want that information anyway

have you checked with a "axle master" I think is the name of the business. they have a portable lathe and can weld up and recut spindles, I'm thinking they might be able to put an adaptor on that stub and machine it in place. .......could be worth a phone call.

• Like 1

Like gearhead was saying,there is an outfit called "Axle Surgeons" that mostly replace spindles on drive and trailer axle housings,that I know of.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Hey Bullhusk is there some were like a website or a book I can buy that has the Timken diff axle suspension spec's I have looked every were on the net and cant find stuff all I have a truck with 10.22 back end and wanted to change it to a better ratio but never had any luck finding anything

any help or leads would be much appreciated

Paul

Hey Bullhusk is there some were like a website or a book I can buy that has the Timken diff axle suspension spec's I have looked every were on the net and cant find stuff all I have a truck with 10.22 back end and wanted to change it to a better ratio but never had any luck finding anything

any help or leads would be much appreciated

Paul

There are two places that I know of that might have what u need, one is Devino truck parts

in Newark NJ and the other is Adleman's truck parts in Ohio USA both ship over seas! Just Google them for info and ## I'm not sure but I think Timken and Rockwell are the same and now are Meritor

BULLHUSK

thanks for that Bullhusk I called timken years ago and they told that Rockwell bought them out I think it was in the 60's

I will google those people thanks for the leads

Paul

I have emailed them will see what happens

thanks for letting me take this off topic seeya