Can I borrow your hammer?

RowdyRebel

Four years ago I needed a new pair of feet tires for work, my Red Wings were absolutely shot. They had been resoled 2-3 times but the leather, stitches, etc was beyond hope. I had been a Red Wing "Made in the USA" customer my entire life. I was in a panic because the sole had separated and I needed a new pair pronto so I went to the Red Wing Store, In my couple of year absence things changed- 1/2 of the lineup was all made in China.....WTF?? But the salesperson assured me that they were just as reliable as USA made Red Wings and they would honor the warranties no questions asked. I was skeptical but I needed a pair bad so I laid out the $165. Here it is another 4-5 years later and these held up pretty well. There was a warranty issue involving ripped fabric lace eyelets that they replaced with metal ones- no questions asked. After 4-5 years of being worn at LEAST 5x a week (sometimes 7) for 12 hours a clip, these held up pretty well. I dunno though I'm still pretty peed that they were made in China. Starting to need a new pair, might look elsewhere for a pair made in the USA.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I buy my safety shoes at Wally World. They are only $30 and after a year I can throw them away and not feel guilty. If I get more than a year of wear...money well spent. But then again, I am a cheap old fart. :whistling:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

No no no, that's the Government adjusted priced Hammer. Normally $11.99.

buy it at a Gov auction for 3 cents a pound.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I buy my safety shoes at Wally World. They are only $30 and after a year I can throw them away and not feel guilty. If I get more than a year of wear...money well spent. But then again, I am a cheap old fart. :whistling:

That system served me well for years and I've always had jobs that would have me on my feet 50-75% of the time. The problem now is my feet have grown in length in the past 20 years, from size 11 to 13. Podiatrist says it's an age thing. Unfortunately, the width hasn't kept up and most retail stores simply do not carry anything in size 13B. I buy shoes online now from Lehigh or BA Mason.

Jim

That system served me well for years and I've always had jobs that would have me on my feet 50-75% of the time. The problem now is my feet have grown in length in the past 20 years, from size 11 to 13. Podiatrist says it's an age thing. Unfortunately, the width hasn't kept up and most retail stores simply do not carry anything in size 13B. I buy shoes online now from Lehigh or BA Mason.

Everything on me is shrinking except for the waist line. :whistling:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"