End673 Vs 237

Does anyone know if I can change out my END673 to a 237 in a B61 without any mounting or clearance issues. Could someone give me some spec differences on those 2 engines. I also want to place a 5 or 6 speed in the place of the quadraplex. Will my old mounts work? I have 10.00x22 tires so what would be my top speed. Any suggestions on what would work would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone know if I can change out my END673 to a 237 in a B61 without any mounting or clearance issues. Could someone give me some spec differences on those 2 engines. I also want to place a 5 or 6 speed in the place of the quadraplex. Will my old mounts work? I have 10.00x22 tires so what would be my top speed. Any suggestions on what would work would be greatly appreciated

The 237 will basically be a bolt in swap with the exception of air intake & exhaust plumbing, and depending on what model of truck the 237 came from you'll probably have to use the water pump & harmonic balancer from the 673.

The main problem I see with your plan is the 5 or 6 speed transmission.

Assuming you are referring to a TRL 107 5 speed, or TRXL 107 or 1071 6 speed, these transmissions are direct in high gear, whereas the quad box has about a .70 overdrive in 5th hi IIRC.

The quad box is direct drive in 4th direct, so whatever your top speed is in 4th direct with the quad box, that's going to be your top speed in high gear with the 5 or 6 speed.

Most B61's on 22" rubber ran either 7.00 or 7.49 rear axle ratio.

If you go with the 5 or 6 speed, you'll want 4.50 or 4.64 rear gears, that would put you in the low 60's @ 2100 RPM, and give you enough reduction on the lower end.

If the truck is just a toy and not going to pull anything heavy, then you could go to 4.17 rear gears.

My question is why would you want to swap the quad box for a 5 or 6 speed?

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"