Building the sleeper

If Mack corporate needs help creating new parts maybe they'll call you, they can't even put a sleeper they already make on a cab they make.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thank you for the comments folks, they're cool and funny as always :twothumbsup:

The bunk was originally well insulated with mineral wool since it's Canadian.

I'm going to do the same 2 inch thik regardless it's a hobby truck with no plans for winter cruising.

The interior is partly done. Plywood inner lining is cut and some metal parts are done to attach the shelf and the bed. The last one is designed (yea, we spent some weeks drinking beer figuring out the arrangement)... designed to slide up to the front wall to be a double bed. I talked with the upholstery man to make everything of kunst leather together with the cab interior to get it the same style, close to original.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

All I can say is...............Wow!

grayhair, thanks for the link. I really like this pattern. Might think about this for replacing the back panels on my bunk? Give it a more old school look.

Maybe I don't want to know how much it is per sheet LOL!

3QLT.jpg

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You are welcome, glad to provide the link. I'm sure they'd be glad to quote you on what you need. I've never purchased from them, just had a nice conversation with their sales manager at a trade show a few years ago. At the time they sad they welcomed all orders small and large. If you do get a price from them, maybe you could let us know if it's reasonable...

• 3 weeks later...