ATHS National Show in York PA

farmer52

Larry, my registration packet says "after hour show truck parking will be available just inside Gate 6 from 5 p.m. to 11p.m. Tuesday-Friday. These drivers need to make sure they return early the next day to register at 8 a.m. so as not to block the truck registration area."

Left Elko, Nevada this morning headed east in mackdaddy's MH. Got the Aussies in tow as well. Had an E-9 race somewhere in the middle of nowhere and lost to that RH drive Valueliner. Somewhere out here I gotta give that driving on the right deal a go.

• Like 2

Things are getting done here in Bangor... I always stress out trying to get things done this time of year, but I took this week off work so we can really enjoy the convention. It will be my first.

With the help of my lovely new bride we got the trailer floor done today... Big job checked off the list.

9f71cc837736127666f774625e19d078.jpg

Got the canvas repaired so the camper is ready to go as well.

c7814417c1a8a860a6c5f12dfa4ca89f.jpg

Whatever happens now don't matter we will have a good time!

trailer looks good- she did a nice job!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

trailer looks good- she did a nice job!

Since Vicky has been working so hard and also putting up with me at the same time, I told her it would be alright that she could come to York with me. She's not too thrilled that we are getting up to go at 4am on Thursday, though. All part of the "full Trucker effect" I told her.

Since Vicky has been working so hard and also putting up with me at the same time, I told her it would be alright that she could come to York with me. She's not too thrilled that we are getting up to go at 4am on Thursday, though. All part of the "full Trucker effect" I told her.

If she's anything like me when I was 7 years old in my father's F model, she'll be in the bunk by 0445.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

What did I say yesterday about having a good time no matter what?!? Right now I am in a hospital bed just out from knee surgery! WTH I had a trailer wheel Break in half today and hit me pretty hard. I was removing wheels/tires to do wheel bearings, just got done loosening lug nuts, tapped wedges loose then KABLAMMO!!! the wheel itself broke in two (half the wheel and lock ring still on the hub). The wheel and tire hit me as I was stepping away and my left knee took the brunt. Not how I was planning to spend my vacation week, but it could have been A LOT worse, and I am still determined to be in York in some capacity.

better limp down to the quick stop and buy a lotto ticket! I know you dont think so but you are very lucky to still be above ground, sorry it happened to you ..... glad your still with us!

P.S. a stationary bike and a stair stepper will be your new life for a while, but do it ! or you will be sorry!!!!

damn i'm just full of cheery news arn't I ....... been there done that!

What a bummer! You never know when something is going to jump up and bite you. Best wishes for a quick recovery and making it to York.

Yeah, it sucks but it could have been way uglier. If that wheel let loose 10 seconds sooner, my head would have been next to it, as I had just got done with the lug nuts. Upon further inspection, the wheel was rusted paper thin. It could have gone anytime, even driving down the road. Glad it happened as it did, just me, nobody else got hurt.

Gregg

Gregg,

As others posted, sorry to hear of your accident. Sounds like it could of been worse. I get nervous when working around big heavy equipment. Hope you make it to York. I will have my goof cart so if you need a ride, let me know.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Gregg. I hope you get to at least a ride around York Show. Joe D.

Thanks everyone for well wishes... I will be in York somehow. Still not sure about driving the F model, but time will tell next couple days. I don't want to hijack this thread any further, but look for Underdog's Tire Safety Lesson new post soon.

Gregg

Gregg,

As others posted, sorry to hear of your accident. Sounds like it could of been worse. I get nervous when working around big heavy equipment. Hope you make it to York. I will have my goof cart so if you need a ride, let me know.

Well you and Rick Knox will be the easy ones to pick out in the crowd(or photos). Don't want to sound mean...just trying to make light of the situation.

Hope you get well soon.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'm camping in my truck in the infield for next 3 days got plenty of hot dogs and hamburgers if anybody wants some, unfortunately the adult beverages won't be here until tomorrow, as he was delayed anyone welcome. Have potatoe chips for the vegetarians

post-16952-0-87020600-1432757574_thumb.j

• Like 2