ATHS National Show in York PA

farmer52

Great show nice to meet everyone at the photo shoot (I'm 3rd from right standing back row). Hats off to the MH group photo and video. I had a little insurance card hiccup also but was able to straighten it out with a call to JC Taylor.

Great show nice to meet everyone at the photo shoot (I'm 3rd from right standing back row). Hats off to the MH group photo and video. I had a little insurance card hiccup also but was able to straighten it out with a call to JC Taylor.

With the cap? If so, you are 4th from the right (2324MackAltoona is 3rd standing....well kinda). If Tom stood straight, he would be 7' tall. :banana:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

For you all that had "issues" (insurance card, etc.) here is my story...

I pulled in about Noon on Wednesday. Guy asked for my name, he went and got the registration card, asked me to check everything to make sure it was correct. I said everything was okay. He told me to pull forward and he would bring the show packet. When he brought the packet I told him I also had a golf cart. He said "wait here and I will get the cart ID." He brought the ID and told me to pull around the building to the next check point. My friend who was with me was asked if he had a fire extinguisher but was asked nothing else. Gotta love the consistancy of the "check in". Go figure.

P.S. I am glad they did not ask for my insurance card. I still had "storage" coverage but I called my agent this morning to get full coverage.

As for favorites, I enjoyed seeing the variety of vehicles. Some of which I never knew existed. I did like the sound of some 2-strokers WITH MUFFLERS (sorry Yardo). I was homesick when I heard a KW with CAT 3408 (kinda got a woody). B)

• Like 2

Ken

DailyDiesel, That's the truck. Sure sounds good. Thanks for posting the video. The fellow that owns the truck said he had to wear ear protection on the way to the show from New York. You weren't one of those fellows after that corn were you? LOL Thanks, Dan

Also, I enjoyed your other videos on youtube.

• Like 1

Thanks Carey! Sorry I did not know/remember who you were. I will try to remember next time but I am a forgetful old fart.

FYI, all persons in the York BMT photo have been identified. Thanks!!

Ken

Don't keep us in suspense!! I hit a rail road crossing too fast and my CB radio fell out of my overhaed compartment. There was a warning sign that said "BUMP" but that was an understatement.

The tracks approaching 66 in Prince William? They are a killer.

What a great show, We ended up inside and it was really nice being in the a/c. If you couldn't find a truck you liked you just don't like trucks!

Nice pic. The guy on the right in the Hawaiian shirt is the ugliest prettiest one of all.

Thanks for the compliment Randy.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Carl, the tracks that did me in were on RT 17 between 66 and 50 where no tractor trailers are allowed and the speed limit is 45. The tracks are at the bottom of a hill near 66.

Ken, I took quite a few pictures and volunteered in spectator parking from 3:30 to 6:30 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was hot working but fortunately I never had to work until 6:30 any day.

Carey, That Liberty truck is awesome, if it could only talk, the tales it could tell.

MHFred, I know the tracks you are talking about (at Delaplane). A few years ago a friend, myself and our wives were out or a ride in his '41 Cadillac and hit those tracks at maybe 25 or 30 and jarred the transmission linkage enough to have it disconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nice surprise in the mail yesterday from ATHS and Gulfway Insurance in the form of a $100.00 gift card that I apparently won at the banquet. Sweet!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!