ATHS National Show in York PA

farmer52

I looked at the ATHS website and found nothing about the York show. Does anyone know the schedule of events (arrival, departure, etc.)? I also checked the hotels listed and none show the rates printed in Fred's attachment. Do I need to call the hotel to get the rate or is there a code (I tried ATHS)? Are there showers on the grounds? If so, maybe I will "camp out" in the trailer. Even if I need to pay $25 to stay on the grounds, it is definitely cheaper than $100+ for a room.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I looked at the ATHS website and found nothing about the York show. Does anyone know the schedule of events (arrival, departure, etc.)? I also checked the hotels listed and none show the rates printed in Fred's attachment. Do I need to call the hotel to get the rate or is there a code (I tried ATHS)? Are there showers on the grounds? If so, maybe I will "camp out" in the trailer. Even if I need to pay $25 to stay on the grounds, it is definitely cheaper than $100+ for a room.

Ken, when I click on the link the price shows on the bottom line for that motel. The prices range from $112 to $99 which includes breakfast.

EDIT: this link will take you to the show page. http://aths.org/convention

Fred,

Thanks for the help.

This is what I get...Holiday Inn $117 (not $112), Best Western $116.xx (not $99.99(, and Sheraton $140 (not $115). Also the show page only shows the dates, May 28-30. Is 28th setup and 30th departure? Hours of show?

Ken

Ken

All the details will be out on the Jan/Feb Wheels of Time. The Show is scheduled for Thur,Fri, & Sat. The majority of the Trucks arrive on Tues, Wed and Thurs AM. And then continue to dribble in thru Sat AM. And you usually have until Sunday noon to get out.

As for hotels those listed by ATHS are the "Host Hotels" mainly for the big shots and shuttle bus schedule. Google Super 8, Motel 6, Ecocolodge, York city home page, ETC for reasonable rooms. If you can find one within walking distance of a Host hotel you can still use the shuttle bus. Just an idea, if you share a room with someone from BMT they might have wheels?? Or load your car in the back of the trailer??

As for showers we will have to wait for the WOT. Last year they had them near the cow barns, but the show was at a State fair grounds. I do NOT know what this Expo place is?? For sleeping in your trailer there would be no problem. Whether or not you pay for it I THINK(????) it depends on if you tell them or not!!, although a security guard might cause you trouble if you were wandering around in the middle of the night with out the "camper sticker" on your name tag. Mike H Superdog should be able to explain it better as He spent last year in the Superliner Hilton.

Hope this helps. We still have plenty of time for planning. I usually make my room (Super8) reservations in Feb. and have never run into a sold out situation. Please feel free to keep asking questions.

Brocky

Brocky

Thanks Brocky! I am one to make reservations early (sometimes the rate increases closer to the dates). I am about three (3) hours away and will plan to arrive on Wednesday afternoon.

Tom....thanks for the suggestion. I could rent "sleeping" space in the trailer and then I would stay in a nice hotel (and get some sleep).

Ken

I may look for a cheap hotel a few miles away that is not on the shuttle route. Then ride a bicycle to and from the show. Hopefully they allow bicycles on the grounds. Otherwise I may have my own show at the Poverty Hilltop Farm. :twothumbsup:

Ken

If I make it out, I'll be staying in the Battlestar Motel(my trailer).

Like Mike did in South Bend, I'll tell them it's a 1987 trailer instead of 1997 and park it in the show field instead of the back forty like at South Bend. The field was not mowed recent and with the rain my pants and boots were always wet. Ugh.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"