San Francisco

Timothy Maikshilo

What 386 said, china towns cool try the cable cars, and if you go to the warf remember your about 4 blocks where the chase scene from Bullit with Steve McQueen. The fort under the bay bridge was nice. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack there was this bush man, he would sit behind a branch of leaves he cut from a tree and scare people as they walked buy, pretty funny. As for all the news lets you believe it was a realy nice town.

I was there in 2006 and I would agree the bush man was awesome. Here are two pictures I had of him.

I would agree with everyone else: Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Lombard St, Warf, but going to be real tight on time....

Have fun and be sure to get some cool NZ pictures!

Drew

post-12015-0-70796900-1409626517_thumb.j

post-12015-0-74207500-1409626530_thumb.j

have ice cream at guaradelli square,,its rite the the wharf,,,and book tickets for san francisco fire engine tour,,,they drive you over the big bridge in a restored B model fire truck,,,excellent have a ball there...bob

Thanks Bob, These all sound like great ideas and we may have to make a trip to the city for a week to see everything!

That's the Grateful Dead, my personal favorite of the many Frisco-based bands of that era.

Well Jim I learned something new this evening about the Grateful Dead Thanks!

Have a nice trip Tim, sorry no advices about Frisco from my side.

Thanks Vlad! I hope to be more worldly like you!

Thanks Bob, These all sound like great ideas and we may have to make a trip to the city for a week to see everything!

Well Jim I learned something new this evening about the Grateful Dead Thanks!

Thanks Vlad! I hope to be more worldly like you!

ya man its a really fun place,,,we go out there atleast 3 times a year,,,but its only 250 from here,,,and were giants fans lol,,,ATT park is gorgeious,,,have a ball and good luck...bob

If you are an Irish coffee fan....stop by the Buena Vista. Supposedly that is where it originated in the USA. IIRC, it is close to Ghirardelli's chocolate.

http://thebuenavista.com/home/irishcoffee.html

Another interesting place is the Cable Car museum.

www.cablecarmuseum.org

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"