Siberian find is already home

Thanks for sharing the story & pics of your adventure,Vlad! Very interesting! Again,only a true :mack1: man would travel so far for his hobby. A tribute to both you and the brand! :thumb::MackLogo:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thank you for the kind words folks

Around here there was so many dmm that even scrappers wouldnt buy them unless really really cheap.
If you need parts let me know. T-case, axle, etc..

Thanks, I'll contact you.

Looks like to me the trip was worth as much as the value of the truck. Glad you got it home safely.I don't think any of us can ever use something is too far away as a legitimate excuse for not buying anything again. You are indeed a true Mack man to go to such lengths to drag that old DMM home.

Mike, you're right on the count. The stuff cost me scrap+ price. My friend with Scania got about the same for the trip. Everything else such as foods, remove the cab,crane and unload was extra.

Thanks Vlad, that was a great experience going on that adventure with you, nice pictures. "After 2 hours of work we had all the crap in."- you sound like a true trucker!

Tom, what do you think is the main source of my English lexicone? :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks vlad, like the Scania you drove a143 v8 top liner . The road reminded me of my trips to the Middle East and over the Silk Road back in the day.

Scania is a real hard worker. With its driver. It's of 1988, 2700000 on the clock now, one mio in Sweden and the rest in Russia.

Still original frame rails. V8 400hp engine was rebuilt not long ago. All the bearings in the tranny were refreshed, the same in the axle.

Many minor things were done including AC wich works now.

Thanks Vlad for sharing your adventure with us. I agree with superdog, that is true Mack dedication to go to those lengths.

I wish you the very best with the DMM……I guess you will have the only one around your neighbourhood.

Keith

Keith, thank you for the wishes.

The real reason of the story is that I not have only one around my neighbourhood but the only one around the most of the country.

At least I've newer saw or heard of any more.

By the word - we made more than 4000 km at all and I met many trucks along the way including many Americans.

Although there was no one :mack1: !!

Vlad

Thanks for the pictures. It is the only way I will get to see some of the rest of the World. some of them remind me of our trip to Alaska last Summer..,although the 120 miles of gravel Alaskan / Yukon Terr, Canada road we did were better than the sand road you were on.

Brocky, did you do a trip over Alaska highway? There was a plan to go there but it didn't turned out.

• Like 1

very interesting reminds me of me 40 yrs ago thanks for posting such great pics by the way how the hell did that freightliner get in there

Good point.

That Freightliner did his common hard work.

I met many other rigs I take my hat off for their job.

post-3971-0-37298400-1408786442_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-63938700-1408786463_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-08898500-1408786493_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-26182900-1408786533_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-67698600-1408786556_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-56666800-1408786586_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-81006900-1408786618_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-69072900-1408786670_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Great adventure!! Good luck with the DMM . Was it an oil field truck?

Siberia is not any way as I imagined it to be, very similar to Alaska and Northern Canada. Your ferry trip, was that over sea or lake? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ran out of likes already

Vlad, very nice pictures but where are the "wimmin of Siberia" pictures????

Randy, i'm afraid that area is not perfect for such a hunting.

The other way I'd stay there for much longer.

If you noted from the pics there's not much people there at all.

Great adventure!! Good luck with the DMM . Was it an oil field truck?

Siberia is not any way as I imagined it to be, very similar to Alaska and Northern Canada. Your ferry trip, was that over sea or lake? Paul

Thank you Paul.

It's difficult to me to recognize what that truck original was for.

It's last job was a fuel transportation, its owner had the tank station locally.

After I looked over the chassis I found out it was originally short and stretched out to put a tank body.

So looks like it was a tracktor. Or maybe carried some equipment. Also strange it has heavy walking beam rears but single framed.

The ferry trip was over the river. It's called Pechora and the city called the same. That big river follows along a big area from the South to the North and after about 500-800 km from the point I was it comes into Barents see.

What was the city you went to?

I'd like to look on a map.

The city is called Pechora.

To say correctly it's not Siberia.

Siberia is the great territory to the East from the rocks of Ural wich devides the land into Europe and Asia.

The area I was in is about 200km to the West of Ural rocks so it's European part of the country.

Although it's pretty far to the North and is developed mostly due to the oil and gas fields.

Look the map, I did it alot before the trip.

Ran out of likes already

Randy, i'm afraid that area is not perfect for such a hunting.

The other way I'd stay there for much longer.

If you noted from the pics there's not much people there at all.

Thank you Paul.

It's difficult to me to recognize what that truck original was for.

It's last job was a fuel transportation, its owner had the tank station locally.

After I looked over the chassis I found out it was originally short and stretched out to put a tank body.

So looks like it was a tracktor. Or maybe carried some equipment. Also strange it has heavy walking beam rears but single framed.

The ferry trip was over the river. It's called Pechora and the city called the same. That big river follows along a big area from the South to the North and after about 500-800 km from the point I was it comes into Barents see.

I've seen a few DMM trucks as cement mixers and they both had MACK 80,000 pound "Hard Bar" beam suspension and single rails. Here is a DMM for you. Paul

dmm.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE