Lucy! I'm Home!

41chevy

Wife is doing great. Her spirits are up (probably cause I'll not hoovering around her :) ) and she was playing in her flower garden today.

The car is 100% complete, needs paint, interior is like new. The TNT 440 needs a timing chain and a reseal. A purple cam and a Max wedge set of heads and cross ram may fine their way on it. The rest appears ok. #187 of 300 made. Good High speed cruiser when done. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On a good point I sold my 55 dodge for stupid money. Bad side is I spend all the money plus on a '70 Chrysler 300 Hurst edition...

attachicon.gif1970Chrysler300H a.jpg

That's not stupid at all. Try harder next time.

One of the cars I learned to drive on was a '71 300 with a 440, same body as yours. Not a special edition, but a beautiful car nonetheless. Brown on brown with a vinyl roof.

Jim

Did that Hurst come out of a auction in VA?

The seller is from Fairfax, Va, but it has a New Jersery title and I bought it at Carlisle, Pa Mopar swap meet, original paper work shows it was bought from Burbank Chrysler Plymouth in Cali. So it's been around.

Jim, I paid $750 for the '55 in 1984, a perfect, clean daily driver with a 218 flathead 6and 3 on the tree. I had a 53 DeSoto with a 259 c.i. Hemi and 2 speed automatic. Took a week to weld up motor mounts, cut the drive shaft and fabricate a dual exhaust system. Adapted an old Hurst Dual Gate and pair of electric fans to cool it. Drove it may be 25 miles and it was so nose heavy that at 40 it plowed around corners. Brought it home, and put it in the garage with the other Mopars and left it. Had probably $2100.00 in it and got $19450.00 30 years later. The pair of 30 06 bullet holes in the B pillar clinched the deal.

Paid $22000.00 for the Hurst. Paint is going to be the most expensive part because the Factory colors are a Pearl White and Pearl Gold. In DelStar Single Stage Urathane paint is $379 a gallon alone plus the Reducer and Hardener. Rather than mess with the TNT440 I'm just going to put in the fresh '71 440 six pack with a 904 that I've been saving for a special project. Quicker and easier than up grading the factory TNT and the 727. Should be a better combo with the 2:93 rear.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Gald to hear your wife is doing better.Went through that ugly disease with caring for my dad.

Both my parents had Dementia. Mom was semi lucid when she passed away in 2007. My Pop lasted to 2010 and turned very, very violent to all. I honestly do not know how my wife and Mrs."FWD" deal with it by choice. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 years later...