Mack Tow Trucks and Wreckers

Superdog

Todd's dad owned Northern Illinois Mack so being brought up in that environment allowed him and his brothers to really follow dad's lead as he (Bill,Sr) was an excellent wrench himself. The story I got on the wrecker,is it was Todd's idea and his design. It has a 237(+) under the hood with a quadbox behind it. The butterfly portion of the hood is made out of an R model hood (that part is pretty slick in itself). I need to get over there and take some real detailed pics for you guys. Mark,in the BCR thread that was done a couple of years ago,I had posted a pic of a super rare BCR on a B-70 series chassis from Canada.It sported an R-700 hood! :bulldog1: Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Remember this one? It sold at a Canton, OH auction in February 2013. I think it went to Wooster, OH but have not seen it since.

I spoke with someone at a gathering this past weekend and they say it went to Cleveland? I thought it went south someplace, like New Phila or such.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Al, does that B81/BCR still survive then? That radiator shell looks like an LT or was that fabricated too. Jake

I think they still have that truck. I have another picture of it posted that Tommy B took on the Chicago R models thread. Was back

a ways. You will have to search a few pages back for it.

Maddog.. You are putting the hurt to my ole memory banks!!! This man is from Central / Western Maryland and I think(??) he said he bought it from a towing outfit in either Maryland or southern PA???

That picture was taken at Cortland in 2010 but he has had it to Macungie several times also. Hopefully some one else has also talked to him and knows a better answer.

Brocky