Truck Rating

ducky698

How is a truck rated exactly? i have a r600 with a 260 and 18 speed qaud box an 44s an its rated to 70ton

the fr700 i have is a 375 v8 with a 12speed and 44s an its rated to 90 ton

is the chassis rated aswell? or is it just the running gear that rates it? the r600 chassis is a twin chassis.

any info would be great

Grant

Ducky,

As far as I know its boils down to mainly your suspension and axle capacity. Engine and transmission play a big role as well as your chassis. Some suspensions allow for a high Gross combination weight compared to others. Take these two different suspension from Hendrickson: HAS & PRIMAXX. 46 rears on HAS are allowed 68 tonnes or 150,000 lbs. On Primaxx 46's are allowed 180,000 lbs or 81 tonnes and higher weights are permissible as long as the suspension manufacturer allows it. Spring ride will get you a higher GCW than air. Since road trains and B double/triples dont present a high pin weight the pull force depends on the torque rods or arms that the axle is mounted to.

Your R600 most likely has camelback and the 44's can handle the weight. But the 260 isnt up to more than 70 tonne. But still 70 tonnes or 154,000 lbs is still allot for that 260. The F model has more torque coming out of that V8 and the 12 speed is a good gear box for heavy hauling.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hello, thankyou for the reply, I am putting the 375 in the flintstone along with the diffs from the FR700, was looking for an 18speed to go int there to

I rang the tech section today, and got a link to www.trivedi.com.au he has been helpfull also. I am a fair way off completion, as I am still pulling down the poor rusty FR but was curious on the chassis, as I am splitting the chassis also, so if I had to do any mods, this would be the time to do it.

regards Grant

Grant If you are looking to put a 18 speed Quadbox behinh the 375 HP V8 I do not think it will take the torque. If it was a new range style 18 speed Mack trans or Fuller 18 speed there would be no problems.The 1200 or 1400 series 13 speed would work good also. Joe D.

Hi, no qaud box, no way :D am putting a road ranger 18 speed in it, there a good box. it has a mack 12 speed in it now, but not enuf gears. I have to try get it up to triple road train specs.

Grant

How about Mack 52 rears on neway 60k air? That should definatly meet 110+ tonne tripple road train needs. Classic Mack rears with the two piece axle shafts on spider hubs with chromed rims. Front pilot hubs with Alcoas and those nice looking chromed rear fenders. Pair that with dual raised intake stacks and a nice set of those chrome Aussie cut exhaust stacks and your all set! Damn I wish I had one now!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hello, the 44s I think handle it ok?? think? the aircleaners it may get, western Star do sa neat, simple airbag system, I may look at it later down the track.

was mainly concerned with chassis differances, I have a double rail chassis, but was there sa differance with, say how many cross braces there are, or chassis material?

you should pop some of those air cleaners on yours? :D

regards Grant