Not a happy day!

Marcel67

If that's the law for non commercial and you have proof go for it. I've found most officers do not know the laws and assume the person will pay and not fight it. I once got a ticket in Suffolk County for being in the left lane with a commercial vehicle. I was hooking up a Suffolk police car to tow to their shop. I accepted the ticket and made them close the three lanes to pull the car to the break down lane an hook it up. That was worth the ticket to tie up traffic and show the Supervisor when he showed up at the scene, the ticket his officer gave me for being where the P.D. wanted me to be. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If he placed YOU oos for not having a log book, he can't do jack $#it to stop you from leaving in a personal vehicle. He also can't do $#it to stop a driver who has not been placed oos from driving that truck for you. If the truck was placed oos, as soon as that oos defect is corrected, you are free to leave and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it. That is what the paper, tape, and marker is for...write the company name & DOT# on the paper and tape 'em to the doors. You leave in the car your buddy showed up in. He shows up with a current log book ready to roll. You're both out of there legally, and the cop can't do a damn thing to stop you without jeopardizing his own career.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

If he placed YOU oos for not having a log book, he can't do jack $#it to stop you from leaving in a personal vehicle. He also can't do $#it to stop a driver who has not been placed oos from driving that truck for you. If the truck was placed oos, as soon as that oos defect is corrected, you are free to leave and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it. That is what the paper, tape, and marker is for...write the company name & DOT# on the paper and tape 'em to the doors. You leave in the car your buddy showed up in. He shows up with a current log book ready to roll. You're both out of there legally, and the cop can't do a damn thing to stop you without jeopardizing his own career.

Your wright that's what I did have my sister picking me up, she lives in Pompano fl only 40 min away of where I was stranded. From there I spent time with here at home have some family time discuss our family situation around my uncles and picked up the truck in the morning. Thru most guys now at FHP now play mister big shot since they are now FL DOT and feel superior. Any way I'm going to fight this tooth to nail.

• Like 2

Got stoped once in acouple towns over from home in one of those checks when they pull you in a closed place of business. Didn't have a log book in the truck he put me oos said I could leave in 10 hrs. So I called the wife she picked me up in 15 min said see ya to the local cop but I left the truck there till lunch time the next day. Explained to the store owner the problem. Never seen another inspection there again. Sometimes you win.