Lookin' Good Leslie! how'd the truck do on the trip?..........................................Mark

I was going to ask you which SL was your on the field at the picture in front of Watts but I got side tracked. Where were you parked?

Lookin' Good Leslie! how'd the truck do on the trip?..........................................Mark

Everything was great...no issues!

• Like 1

I was going to ask you which SL was your on the field at the picture in front of Watts but I got side tracked. Where were you parked?

Up front, across from the camping area

post-6773-0-87683700-1402881739_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Dammit, I think I missed you with my camera. I don't recall a KW with white steel budds either.

nice,,,have a ball with it...bob

Good thing you waited to install the mud flaps until after the show!

*#*$&&$*-mother_*#&$#$*(#SON-OF-A*^#@%@$($(

I can't believe it! I backed into the shop (like I always do) and not only pulled the mudflap apart, broke the supposedly springy light bar!!! *^#^#&&$*(!@!

post-6773-0-87750100-1402885707_thumb.jppost-6773-0-38894800-1402885619_thumb.jp

That sucks. They looked great for the minute they pasted. I have ripped the flaps off my Transtar many times. My father caught a flap last year with his RL and wrecked the bracket and the tire. Luckily the tire was junk already.

Leslie I did that with mine about a week after I put em on, since then the right flap has been on the tire three times and this last time it got two good holes rubbed in it. I figure its better to go ahead and mess something up, that way your not constantly nervous about it,lol.

if it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing to the Mack flaps on my pickup last winter. chunk of ice and I ripped the right side rear flap clean off

just think how youd feel when you get the nice shiney stainless fender on the back of your B model caught up in the neck of a lowboy and smash it all to hell....(whistling)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! I saw at IOWA 80 they sell springs for these things...has anyone replaced one? Without taking it apart I cannot figure how you would be able to stretch the spring (on the inside) to get the bolt thru!

Maybe you shuda bought the 30" flaps.

They are 30's...I should have looked for 28's! :tease:

Now you get to trim to fit.

Bought some 36's at Watt's over the weekend myself.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! I saw at IOWA 80 they sell springs for these things...has anyone replaced one? Without taking it apart I cannot figure how you would be able to stretch the spring (on the inside) to get the bolt thru!

Leslie if you remove the bolt that holds the spring in the middle and put your new one on the mount and then re install inside with the bolt, you'll still have some of the mounting studs sticking out. Put it thru the frame and get a but or two started and bend it down till you can get a long 1/4" bolt or screwdriver in to hold it put and tighten it up.

Leslie if you remove the bolt that holds the spring in the middle and put your new one on the mount and then re install inside with the bolt, you'll still have some of the mounting studs sticking out. Put it thru the frame and get a but or two started and bend it down till you can get a long 1/4" bolt or screwdriver in to hold it put and tighten it up.

I would take it back and ask for a new one since it broke the first time it caught.

I did the same back in '96 with my new F350 dually. Had brand new flaps with diamond plates on the bottom. Back onto buddy's shop parking lot one Saturday and ripped the whole shebang off. Dammit!

Like usual..........now that you screwed it up once, you don't have to be so careful anymore :whistling:

Looks like you need a set of these....

post-14397-0-63011100-1403189893_thumb.j

post-14397-0-43827200-1403189922_thumb.j

post-14397-0-59394500-1403189969_thumb.j

post-14397-0-18011200-1403190013_thumb.j

post-14397-0-84469700-1403190070_thumb.j

After ripping off and ultimately destroying the universal handling equipment flaps, I found these Mack flaps and said to myself, there's gotta be a way to move them when I think they're gonna get caught.....

2 washers, a broken bungee cord and 5 minutes of welding and TADA!!!

That weekend the other driver drove it and didn't hang the flaps backing over a curb and tore the outside bottom 2" off the passenger side .....%*@$!!!!

• Like 1

I got it fixed! A little perseverence, come along, pry bars, blood, and sweat and I got the light bar fixed...there are no pictures of me sticking that big ass spring inside a short piece of two inch pipe and putting in the hydraulic press to shorten it, 'cause that would be a dumb idea!! :whistling: