What the heck is this beast?

NY-B61

You might have to chase after this one -

Road Trip !!

To Caracas, Venezuela?? Safer in Watts!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's a McBright, predecessor of the McCullough Road King.

You are right, what a great piece of detective work! The lighting array and badge position on the front and curved wheel wells on the rear are identical. :clap:

Here`s the article about the 3 axle version.

Thank you, Mr. Conover! I'm beginning to wonder if the picture of the rig I originally posted isn't the actual prototype of the 4 axle version of the McBright / McCullough Road King. Lehighton, Pa. (place of manufacture) is but 150 miles from where I took the photo I posted (Shamokin, Pa.) Google until the cows come home and you'll find that McBright/McCullough had a great idea that disappeared almost as soon as it was introduced. How many 4 axle models could have been produced?

post-15438-0-64909000-1405731104_thumb.j

post-15438-0-93511200-1405731122_thumb.j

I also saw this truck outside of Selinsgrove PA. In fact that's were these pictures were taken. If you enlarge the pics. you will see a sign on the road that says RT.522.

A friend of mine bought a car from the guy who owned it at the time, I will see if he remembers where it went.

I asked if the truck was for sale at that time and told it was but I can't remember the price. I do remember that it was way out of my budget. I have not see it for the last 5or 6 years.

Shaun

I also saw this truck outside of Selinsgrove PA. In fact that's were these pictures were taken. If you enlarge the pics. you will see a sign on the road that says RT.522.

You are 100% correct, Shaun. I always get Shamokin and Sellinsgrove confused. ^_^

• 3 months later...

So has anybody driven back out there to see if it did indeed go to scrap or is still sitting by that fence?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Found this pic looking for other stuff and thought it fit this thread well, so here it is folks the what the heck is this beast pic version 2.0, pic taken from the internet.

post-5240-0-05217700-1416537336_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

appears to be a KRWL1613L, or something like that.

• Like 2

So has anybody driven back out there to see if it did indeed go to scrap or is still sitting by that fence?

I got an email from someone in that area of PA where I took the original pictures who told me it had been scrapped. I tend to believe them as it was decaying in the middle of a horse pen when I saw it. There's still hope though. I read the other day about a load of Atari "E.T." games that were dug up in New Mexico dump.

It is a 1966 Peterbilt frame and front axle with a 1978 KW cab and 8 bag KW rear suspension. The hood is a modified Superliner with a 400 Cummins for power. Owner/builder is Ben Daniels.

Real creative or something special in his coffee mug....?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

1941 Evans Rail

6349188698_33d5558fd0_b-1.jpg

1941evansautorailer.jpg

6349188698_33d5558fd0_b.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE