leversoles_Macungie2014

leversole

I tried to get to Pat's and Geno's once, like a 1000 other people who'd seen them on TV the week before. The backs of the lines almost reached to the other restaurant. I asked a local on the sidewalk if they were really that good and he said not anymore. He sent us someplace else in the neighborhood and not only was the cheesesteak awesome, but I bet we were 30 miles out on the turnpike before the folks that would've been in front of us at the other two were served.

Jim

Yardo,you send them to the one on Oregon ave? best place for a "real" Philly Cheesesteak! I agree with Pat's and Genos being both overated and tourist traps!................................................Mark

Right off Oregon Ave, the restaurant is almost directly under I-95.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I've been to Genos years ago with my wife. We were in Philly and said heck, let's find the place. People were wrapped around the block for both Pats and Genos. The guys in front of us were telling us how good they were and well worth the wait. After standing in line for over an hour we got our sandwich. It was good but first thing that came to my head was "this tastes exactly like the ones I get on the Seaside boardwalk." Not worth waiting for something I can get in Jersey of the same quality.

Heck there is a Pizza place in PT Pleasant NJ on rt 88 also called Pats that has cheese steaks as good if not better. They are known around here as having the best. I have to agree.

Well Roger and myself went for a drive Sunday morning up north of Allentown then over by Tamaqua then made a loop through a dozen or so ol'e coal towns came across the KME world head quarters checked out some new fire trucks they were building. then drove back to Allentown and took in America on wheels museum, that was a good time (even more Macks) ! then headed out for Philly found our way back to the airport (Roger said we were too close on time) so dropped the rental car and got to the air port (long ass line at tsa inspection) got through that ok then realized that our flight had been shoved back! so got to eat Philly cheesesteak nachos in the air port :whistling: and drink beer for 2 hours. Got home at 2:30 a.m. (I think Yardo put a cloud hitch on our plane)because it started raining bulldogs and caterpillar's about 20 miles east of SeaTac air port, then woke up to the sound of wind machines and sprayers out drying cherry trees at 5:45 am so it was a short night as my trees needed drying as well. Was sure glad I got a 2 hour nap in on the plane that 5 hour drive bout kicked my but! so long story short I've got to come back to see the attractions Yardo was sending us to, and get a real cheesesteak!

• Like 2

Well when you guys come back, keep me in the loop and we'll make sure you see all the touristy stuff. Like I said when you want to see the Philadelphia Fire Museum, I will make a phone call and the curator will personally show you around!!!! As for the cheese steak, I'll take you there myself!!!

Oh- and we're going into Manhattan to get you proper corned beef and pastrami sandwiches!!!! :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

gearhead 204 I have been working at the Hanford site for the past 13yrs. Some years back I ran across a Mack H-65 that a sheep farmer had pulling a cattle trailer. It was yellow. Ever seen it up in that area? somewhere maybe around Prosser??

GearHead

It was great to meet and visit with you. Glad you were able to get to see some of the sights. If you ever get into the Carolina's keep me posted and I will attempt to do Yardo's "Julie the Cruise Director" job down here. If you run into Geoff tell him I said Hi.

Brocky

• Like 1

Brocky

Mackdaddy: have not seen the truck. it was a semi set up or truck and pull trailer? I do know a few people around Prosser and the guy being a sheep farmer would make it easer to track.(sheep herders are interconnected) what type of info do you want?

Brocky: will say hello to Geoff when I see him for ya! If I get down south I will look you up !

I sure hope the probation officer's don't look at this site or next year will just be a MOST WANTED ROUND UP at mudcungie!!!

• Like 2