GOOD NIGHT!

bullhusk

I was raised in Kearny nj a big Irish town! I couldn't figure why these people would take a perfectly good piece a meat an Boil it?? Argyle Fish an Chips, well it was a town of about 45,000 and most lots were 50+100 but I had the meadowlands about a half a mile from my house! So I got ta hunt an fish as a kid an also explore snake hill an the old hospital on the hill ( it's that big mountain on the eastern side a the NJTP past the meadowlands that they blasted for stone) not a bad town but I could not wait until I could get to the country, I new I had it in my blood when we used to hunt the swamps an fish the creeks an rivers so I guess I was a city swamp slicker? My dad used to get the United Farm Magazine as a kid and he would say 'some day I'm gonna buy us a farm in NY State so we could go there in the summer' well he worked 7 days a week for us! An then my Mom got sick an he took care of her at home for the first 11 years of his retirement. After her passing he lived 4 years until he was 80 so he never made it. But one day I took him with me after mom passed ( was the only time he got to leave the house) we went to the Summer Nationals in E-Town NJ and took him up to Hunterdon County to my home for a couple a days it was a very special time in my life cause the only time he got to see me an my kids was at the Kearny house every week an to get him away from that house was almost impossible! I could see in his glassy eyes how he new that even though he couldn't get out I did an now he had the place in the country any time he wanted it! But to see him at [

E-Town (was a big Chrysler man) just lookin at those top fuel dragsters with 331,354,392 HEMI'S in his mind that's what thay where and to see Kenny Bernstein go 305 mph as fast as you could say his name just blew him away! So today my friends on my birthday I took some time to look back , I hope I didn't bore anyone but it just felt good to remember a very special time in my life that maybe with Fathers Day commin up an your Dads are still with us..... Go take him out go to the track, a ball game or even to work an then the bar after work! Cause one day after all the thinks you did together when you was a kid you will always remember this one when you took control an gave him a day or 2 or 3

Ernie

Ahhh the Argyle. Still go there from time to time.

Rob