Handling issues on 2014 CHU

I'm sure you're not the only one who has this kind of problems with the suspension. So they have figured that the bushings are not right and they've released new ones.

It will take some time until they'll work things out with this suspension and until then guys like you will have to take the hit.

It's sad and I can only imagine what I would have done in your place.

Maybe you can work something out with the guys in Loyd if you really want to get rid of the truck.

Like you said, this guys won't do it cause they know the truck.

But trucks are so expensive now it's just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well, after 22 months of fighting with the disaster known as Twin Y, it finally came to an end. After Mack invested an unbelievable amount of money and my time into this suspension, frame crossmembers and transmission,they gave up and agreed to get me out of it. Dropped off the truck at the dealership and am just waiting to take delivery of a new CHU with AL suspension and an Eaton 18 spd. I would rather have seen them take the truck back and write me a cheque for my 90 + days of downtime and the 4 sets of tires it went thru, but that will never happen.

Hopefully the new truck will be reasonably trouble free. Hell, it couldn't be any worse, could it?

If anyone out there is even remotely considering the Twin Y suspension, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN before you have to endure all the B.S. that I did.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas and listening to my rants over the last year.

• Like 1

Would have been nice to compensate you for the lost time and money but at least the finally did the right thing . . .way over due but at least they did it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Did the issue ever get resolved? I just hear from someone at Mack that the twin-Y ride rear suspension is to blame. Have you had the "trailing blades" replaced with the new ones that have the thick piece of plate steel riveted inside. I have done 4 so far here at our shop. The guy at Mack said the orignal trailing blades were to thin and flexed causing steering issues.Sorry I didnt read all the post's and now see you did get the issuse resolved.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear all you went through. I was told to stay away from the Twin Y also, thankfully I stayed away. Though I bought my '12 CHU used with 366,000 miles and it liked to wander around also. They replaced the drag link and it went away.

What is the AL suspension? Idk what mine has, but it's not like my old '98 CH had with the Mack rears. This one has Eatons and the suspension says Mack.

Sorry to hear all you went through. I was told to stay away from the Twin Y also, thankfully I stayed away. Though I bought my '12 CHU used with 366,000 miles and it liked to wander around also. They replaced the drag link and it went away.

What is the AL suspension? Idk what mine has, but it's not like my old '98 CH had with the Mack rears. This one has Eatons and the suspension says Mack.

Air/leaf or as some refer to it as the Z spring. Some are stamped Mack and some are Hendrickson.