Memorial Day

41chevy

My dad was at Anzio.5th Army, 3rd Division,7 infantry. He went from Tunisia to Bergesgarten, He He went overseas in 1942 for Operation Torch and came into NYC on Thanksgiving Day 1946. Never talked about his experiences until I came home from service with my CIB. That was the key to him talking to me. Paul

Hey '41, Glad he made it home. Thanks to him and to you for your service. Harry F.

My uncle served for a while under Patton. Said he was one crazy SOB but he and the other men loved him and his spirit and would (and did) follow him anywhere. Makes you wonder where are the men of that caliber today? I don't see them in Washington. A veritable dearth of leadership... I remember George Carlin talking about the "pussification."

My dad unit was with Patton in Sicily when they beat Montgomery in capturing the Messina (?). He always was convinced Ike had Patton killed off. Ike apparently felt Patton was a threat to his political aspirations. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE