My Summer Project... MH

The interior looks really good. I noticed the carpet was in good shape to, was that a replacement or swapped out?

Did you was down the inside walls after you took the panels out and add some insulation?

the floor carpet either side was really grubby from muddy boots, but a good detergent wash and the fibres looked fine, no worn out areas so put them back in... this time with floor mats I pulled out of my F150 when I bought it new.

the centre hump was a mess of dog hair and a couple of cig burns, since it is glued to the foam which is then glued to the hump I just spent time with a vacuum and carpet shampoo.

what you can see in the photos is the number of different "greys"... varying lots of dye produce panels that have a slight tint difference when lit by a camera flash... but looks fine in daylight.

yes, the interior was completely washed down, I pondered putting some noise insulation but will see how I feel after running it for a while... the side and ceiling panels can be removed in less than an hour so it is not a big job... under the mattress may get some acoustic and thermal material later. The sidewalls have factory thermal insulation in the sandwich of fibreglas.

BC Mack

whose F7's were they .not BCR .Are you leaving it in BURSMA'S colers? they are a nice coler combo. Is that the shop at SQUAMISH

Hi Bob

not much knowledge on the F7/F9 train stuff but from what I gather listening to the chatter in the lunchroom from the guys with the polka dot hats... one painted burgundy is CP, the other two were originally CN, latest one came from Waterloo and prior to that was VIA....

paint on the MH is staying as-is, still in good condition and repaint not in the budget right now... yes, it is the Buursma Contracting colours, prior to that it was the dark brown of Kingsley Trucking which I was considering for later but think it might look too much like UPS... http://www.kingsleytrucking.com/en/

yes... shop is in Squamish rail yard.

BC Mack

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

bc  if you are serious about parting your other cab   i`m in need of the headlight  switch plug its a nine hole receptacle that the switch plugs into top left of the panel.  we have this thing smoking again and running down all the other bugsDSCN0401.JPG

I will have a look at my parts box but I'm pretty sure I've used it already.. I had to replace 2 or 3 of those as they had melted on a few terminals... will pm you next week when I get back to my truck.

BC Mack

IMG_10059.JPG

14 hours ago, j hancock said:

BC, your truck is looking Great!

Any particular reason you wanted the open shoulder tire vs. the closed style?

nothing clever or magical, the other six were open shoulder so I just went that way just for looks... if I had to buy all eight tires I would have gone with the more common closed shoulder. 

BC Mack

IMG_10576.JPG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BC Mack said:

I will have a look at my parts box but I'm pretty sure I've used it already.. I had to replace 2 or 3 of those as they had melted on a few terminals... will pm you next week when I get back to my truck.

BC Mack

IMG_10059.JPG

yep looks like same problem if you come across one let me know

On 4/30/2016 at 11:07 PM, carlotpilot said:

yep looks like same problem if you come across one let me know

6 terminal on off on switch?  You can get them from Dorman or NKK or NAPA in 12 or 24 volt and up to a 35 amp rating.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Glad to see tyhe progress. Looks like the end of a tunnel.

Wish you no surprizes along the "run-in". Or at least no serious ones.

And the dog looks so nice so there are more chances it could be stolen then the unlocked spare :thumb:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, 41chevy said:

6 terminal on off on switch?  You can get them from Dorman or NKK or NAPA in 12 or 24 volt and up to a 35 amp rating.    Paul

he's after the plastic? plug, they clip into the back plate behind the dash and the wires are anchored in them so it becomes a socket to push the on-off rocker switch into... bit of a pain as everything seems to float as you install the info panel... got to be a design fault to allow this much current through a switch, or just bad contact after many removals over the years... seen better.

if you look at the left side of the photo here you can see how it all mounts.

BC Mack

IMG_0530.JPG

1 hour ago, BC Mack said:

he's after the plastic? plug, they clip into the back plate behind the dash and the wires are anchored in them so it becomes a socket to push the on-off rocker switch into... bit of a pain as everything seems to float as you install the info panel... got to be a design fault to allow this much current through a switch, or just bad contact after many removals over the years... seen better.

BC Mack

IMG_0530.JPG

Mid 80's to mid 90's F750 and bigger Fords did the same thing. We ended up using ring terminals and the toggle switches with screw lugs with shrink tube to insulate it. Doesn't seem you would even have the room to do that. 

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, BC Mack said:

BC Mack

IMG_0530.JPG

thanks for explaining that bc ^_^