My Summer Project... MH

Congrats on the part "deux" start :twothumbsup:

Fresh paint makes thrill.

Recently I also crowl around MH. Will keep follow your story and post my progress as soon as get anything visible about results.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Very nice,is that a new clutch or did you clean up the old one?

it's the old one cleaned up.... I had some thoughts to replace it but finally found a spec for the lining thickness and it's only 50% worn... so, as they are not cheap $$$ and I'm on a short budget it got cleaned up and re-installed. The test will be in a couple of weeks when I get it running and drive it on jack stands... if it works it stays, if not working it will be an easy pull as not everything is going back together right away.. see how the gamble pays off..!!!

BC Mack

• Like 2

Congrats on the part "deux" start :twothumbsup:

Fresh paint makes thrill.

Recently I also crowl around MH. Will keep follow your story and post my progress as soon as get anything visible about results.

Vlad

I have the right battery box on order, when it comes in I will post photos for you, see if it mounts up ok... or... find a plan B..!!

BC Mack

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had not caught up with this thread in awhile. Beautiful work!

Your problem with the clutch makes me wonder if it would be a good idea to use something to hold the clutch pedal down while the truck is in storage similar to what is used on a farm tractor. Most tractors I have seen have a small hook to hold the clutch down while the tractor is stored to prevent sticking of the disc to the flywheel.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Your problem with the clutch makes me wonder if it would be a good idea to use something to hold the clutch pedal down while the truck is in storage similar to what is used on a farm tractor.

thought about that too... just not sure if it is wise to leave the clutch cable and pressure plate springs under duress... maybe I should just go out and drive it more often..!!!!!

BC Mack

• Like 2

just not sure if it is wise to leave the clutch cable and pressure plate springs under duress... maybe I should just go out and drive it more often..!!!!!

Or do what I try to do; start all the small engines/generators at least once per month. Nice plan; it almost never happens.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 months later...

ok... last page

I have a chance to purchase this drom rack and need input..

I already have a headache rack with chain rack with doors, nice unit...

but, I've seen these and was thinking..... when the truck heads out to shows where am I going to put all my crap??

this would be ideal, just add removable sides and some smaller tie-downs... it fits well and doesn't interfere with the drive tires.

any thought?.... anyone using one right now?... pros or cons please

that's all for now folks..!!!!

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack
  • Like 2

All looking good to me dunno about the rack doodah not my cup of tea but not truck either so it doesnt matter

Is drom a brand or a name you fellas call them like your head ache rack or our bull bars ??

Doing great work there and it looks like your doing a whole heap with out spending a big heap of coin thats what I always advise people to do its amazing how much can be done if you just take your time and have a go

Good work and thanks for sharing :twothumbsup:

Paul

All looking good to me dunno about the rack doodah not my cup of tea but not truck either so it doesnt matter

Is drom a brand or a name you fellas call them like your head ache rack or our bull bars ??

Doing great work there and it looks like your doing a whole heap with out spending a big heap of coin thats what I always advise people to do its amazing how much can be done if you just take your time and have a go

Good work and thanks for sharing :twothumbsup:

Paul ( dromedary) drom jiust short version