Marcel67

When should you have a gold dog?

Ok here my question, sleepwalker ask me this. I have a e9 engine Mack transmission, Mack axles but newsy air suspension. Is this why I do not have a gold dog!

• Like 1

I would guess that would be a gold dog truck, as that would be a "pedigree drivetrain", but your suspension comment has me wondering..........hmmmmmm

Yup me and sleepwalker as we'll. it should be a gold dog to me!

Ahaaaa mystery resolved thanks superdog.

If it is my personal truck, it will have a gold dog, or I don't roll!

Could I get a gold dog and put it on? Or will that look sleazy?

My "73 R795 has a Maxidyne V8,chrome dog.Truck is ALL Mack and came from the original owner.

where i work we have an 07 granite it has a mack engine, mack trans, mack rear ends and even camel back suspension. They have owned it since new and it has never had a gold bulldog. I've always wondered why that would be

Hmmm we should go for the gold dog than!

I hear ya Marcel my 89 sl is the same all mack except Henderickson pad suspension

My 1996 CH 613 was all Mack front to back with the gold dog , recently purchased 2001 100th anniversary has the gold dog , but the bogus trans & rears :(

Hit wrong button,didn't get to finish.

All Maxidynes were painted gold until Mack had to quit using the gold engine paint in late '79 but continued with the gold dog signifying Maxidyne power until '81 when the Econodyne engines began production. Then all Macks had chrome dogs again until the Elite package CH and CL trucks had gold dogs again,roughly '93 or so. Then about a year or so later Mack brought back the gold dog to signify an all Mack pedigree drivetrain and continues to do so .

to my understanding I am probebly wrong only Mack Maxidynes had gold dogs in Australia and only for the first few years of the Maxidyne run just show something different. My 81 R model has all Mack running gear with a Maxidyne motor but no gold dogs as most dont here at all except for the later model CH onwards I think

Paul

My 83 Cruiseliner is like your MH. All Mack except the air susp. Chrome bulldog here.

I've got a gold dog on my '01...Mack engine/trans/rears, but air ride suspension.

Suspension is what makes a chrome one even in the older models. All Mack EVERYTHING IS GOLD DOG!

• Like 1

I'm am definitely not sure if they did away with it. I'm sure they have by now. Especially with Volvo owning them.

My 01' !00TH anniversary edition is a gold bulldog,it's about as Mack as it can be for a newer truck!............................Mark

post-5836-0-96503200-1398816699_thumb.jp

Could I get a gold dog and put it on? Or will that look sleazy?

Put int on if you want, it's your dog. . . We'll never tell as long a the Winfall Wimmin and the Virginia Gentleman keeps arriving......:):)

Mikes got the idea problem is Mack was weird about the gold dogs in the 90's-2000's, my 93 CH had the gold dog but my 04 Granite did not, both all Mack, more so on the Granite really (camelback versus Hendrickson air ride,labelled mack). I have been thru this a few times, my 84 Superliner had a gold dog, a buddy's mid 90's RD also had one but others did not. A Mack corporate guru told me the reason the Granite didn't have it in 04 was that no Granite had a gold dog, shortly after a friend got one and bam gold on the hood. No real rhime or reason to it.

They still come with the gold bulldog if they have all Mack components. That is one thing Volvo did not kill yet.