When should you have a gold dog?

Marcel67

I would guess that would be a gold dog truck, as that would be a "pedigree drivetrain", but your suspension comment has me wondering..........hmmmmmm

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Hit wrong button,didn't get to finish.

All Maxidynes were painted gold until Mack had to quit using the gold engine paint in late '79 but continued with the gold dog signifying Maxidyne power until '81 when the Econodyne engines began production. Then all Macks had chrome dogs again until the Elite package CH and CL trucks had gold dogs again,roughly '93 or so. Then about a year or so later Mack brought back the gold dog to signify an all Mack pedigree drivetrain and continues to do so .

to my understanding I am probebly wrong only Mack Maxidynes had gold dogs in Australia and only for the first few years of the Maxidyne run just show something different. My 81 R model has all Mack running gear with a Maxidyne motor but no gold dogs as most dont here at all except for the later model CH onwards I think

Paul

Could I get a gold dog and put it on? Or will that look sleazy?

Put int on if you want, it's your dog. . . We'll never tell as long a the Winfall Wimmin and the Virginia Gentleman keeps arriving......:):)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mikes got the idea problem is Mack was weird about the gold dogs in the 90's-2000's, my 93 CH had the gold dog but my 04 Granite did not, both all Mack, more so on the Granite really (camelback versus Hendrickson air ride,labelled mack). I have been thru this a few times, my 84 Superliner had a gold dog, a buddy's mid 90's RD also had one but others did not. A Mack corporate guru told me the reason the Granite didn't have it in 04 was that no Granite had a gold dog, shortly after a friend got one and bam gold on the hood. No real rhime or reason to it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"