A very solemn day April 28,1966

That dry air cleaner has a Donaldson Pre-Cleaner on it and he reinforced it with a couple of mirror brackets. It was custom,for sure. I didn't remember this,but he actually had to modify the fender to make the air cleaner serviceable. This picture was taken before its maiden voyage,after a toal rebuild in 1971! The stack was available as of 2005 anyway (special order from Riker).His son Dave,got me one for the B C R,Matt.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have read about CKD units and thought that they were all for export as that was the way it was sometimes done. There are pictures of trucks that were shipped overseas with the parts all packed in large boxes. I remember a parts man at a Mack dealer showing my father a new truck - I think it was an F model, all in parts at a Mack dealer and I thought that it was a complete truck but was young then and afterward thought that it might have been a glider kit. Were CKD units sold to U.S. dealers that way?

I believe that CKDs were just for overseas use.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Hope it is,Matt. FYI it was like $379.00 in 2005! It had a couple of scuffs/scratches in it and I told them to send it back.They knocked $50.00 off if I kept it. Its the one on the truck!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA