Top Secret late night recovery mission

rsb502

When I started at the Cat house, the 1693 was being replaced by the 3406 and 3408. Many said the 1693 was the best Cat engine and spoiled the reputation of the early 3400 series which had some growing pains. I heard one person say "take the fuel screw out of the 1693 injection pump and throw it away".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Looks good. How much boost was you putting out with the new turbo?

well I have had it up to just over 30 but I havent been too hard on it loaded yet, I can maintain spee don a hill around 60-70k with 15-20psi, dont really know when ill use all that turbo can put out.

Farmer, that screw got thrown out a long time ago, its got some industrial injector nozzles and turbo and its been cranked up a "little" bit, runs, gooooood! it makes a 3406E look like a 3126 on hills, I wanted him to pull the aftercooler and install an intercooler to get a denser air charge and swap the turbo out for a newer Borg Warner to get some better air flow, i think it would be a beast. Probably give me a run for my money if we went thru it and freshened it up and did those mods.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"