If you buy it Mike, I'll send you a box of tach charts!!!

Ron

does anyone know if Jacobs ever built a brake for the 110? I've never heard of one but I don't know everything. I ran a old mack 15 ton haul truck that was repowered with a 6-71 with a straight pipe 110db. in the cab 130db. out side. Can't even think of what a 110 with straights and a jake could do

I think GMC was one of the few or only one that put a 6-110 in highway trucks. PIE (Pacific Intermountain Express) tried some in the 900 Series GMC'S in early 1950"S. It wasd a failure from article I read in "Wheels of Time" a few years back.There was a Hard Coal Hauler (Anthracite) in Northeastern Penna. that supposedly ran one in a 900GMC. Joe D.

not too hard to look at...bob

I think GMC was one of the few or only one that put a 6-110 in highway trucks. PIE (Pacific Intermountain Express) tried some in the 900 Series GMC'S in early 1950"S. It wasd a failure from article I read in "Wheels of Time" a few years back.There was a Hard Coal Hauler (Anthracite) in Northeastern Penna. that supposedly ran one in a 900GMC. Joe D.

That is the way I remember that article also. The 6-110 apparently did really well as a stationary engine that pretty much run at one rpm all the time. It did not like cycling between a low and high idle environment that a truck works in.

if I remember right Terex also used the 6-110 in the scraper line as well

Early TS24's used them in the tractor before being replaced by 12v71

3 speed Brownie box. they always had that damn stick close to the go pedal.

That is the correct position for the aux tranny. I liked that Mack put it closest to you as that was the stick you used the most.. when you get in you have to actually throw your right foot up and over to the foot feed. Once you are in position it is surprisingly comfortable.

I never noticed the position of the auxiliary as Maddog said. I bet Government safety laws would not let it fly in this day and age. Is it difficult to switch from throttle to brake ? Thanks Joe D.

Very good looking truck indeed.........only question I have never seen a tach where the numbers were backward so the needle went counterclockwise when the engine was revved up........bobby j.

• Like 1

Very good looking truck indeed.........only question I have never seen a tach where the numbers were backward so the needle went counterclockwise when the engine was revved up........bobby j.

I wondered if anyone else noticed that.

Yeah, I noticed that too,

Wouldn't want to try to find one of them!

Ron

all I know is someone can put that truck or at least that steering wheel in my easter basket anytime

Very cool LT. A buddy of mine has a '58 Pete 281, that has similar tach set up. The numbers are in hundreds and with the tach (rotates counter-clockwise) sitting to the left of the speedo(which rotates clockwise),both needles go up at the same time while pointing at each other.Kinda cool.

• Like 1

I am interested in the green spatter paint that was used on the interior and a steering wheel that does not appear to have any cracks in it.

That looks like the spatter trunk paint kit Eastwood Automotive sells? That is a nice truck for sure,lose the leak-troit.the logging gear,and the dual headlights,add a single Mercury sleeper and she's ready to roll!...........................................Mark

Leave the bunks. I need something to collect my winter supply of firewood.

Will a truck and trailer work?....................................Mark

post-5836-0-76304800-1398000485_thumb.jp

I wondered if anyone else noticed that.

I see the rpm range is marked too.

That works also!

Trickier to back up though.